Looking for buying advice if possible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon.english68

Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus Coupe
Hi guys, I'm hoping some of you knowledgable Merc owners could give me a few pointers when looking for a W204 coupe. I'm looking at buying a C250 AMG Sport Plus but seem to be finding the C220 easier to find, is it worth holding out for the C250 of are the C220 just as good, I like the look of the Sport Plus as it for fills the 20 year old in me but also has a touch of elegance about it that for fills the 40 something that I am [emoji849] also are there any weak points to the W204 I should look out for, what issues should I expect from a 90k CDI, are the engines susceptible to any particular issues that I should be aware of, I know that's a lot to ask of you guys but I have owned Saabs for the last 30 years so a Mercedes is all new to me [emoji6][emoji106] thanks in advance. Jon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am in a similar spot to you Jon being a Saab owner for the last 15 years and going MB for the first time. I have no experience of the models you're interested in (plenty of broad & in-depth knowledge on this forum who'll chime in soon enough), but best of luck on your search!

Thanks mate, kind of exited about owning a new brand of car after so long as a Saab owner [emoji2]

I went from a 9-3 convertible to the E250 convertible. In many ways the Saab was the better car, but there are some areas the Mercedes is better.

I drove the E220, 250 and 350. The 250 was worth the performance difference without any really noticeable loss in economy. The E350 whilst smoother didn't feel that much faster and was considerably worse on economy (10mpg across the board).

Personally I'd find an E250, but drive both an judge for yourself.

Thanks for the input, I recognise your user name from UK Saabs don't I ?

Yep, you would have done.

Not saying the Merc isn't good, its just not on the pedestal that many appear to try to place them on over the Saab. No better built really or equipped. Prefer the seating position, but the Saab seats were better. More rear legroom in the E class which is good for the teenager.

Have you looked at the C207 E class? worth considering alongside the C class.

Hi guys, I'm hoping some of you knowledgable Merc owners could give me a few pointers when looking for a W204 coupe. I'm looking at buying a C250 AMG Sport Plus but seem to be finding the C220 easier to find, is it worth holding out for the C250 of are the C220 just as good, I like the look of the Sport Plus as it for fills the 20 year old in me but also has a touch of elegance about it that for fills the 40 something that I am [emoji849] also are there any weak points to the W204 I should look out for, what issues should I expect from a 90k CDI, are the engines susceptible to any particular issues that I should be aware of, I know that's a lot to ask of you guys but I have owned Saabs for the last 30 years so a Mercedes is all new to me [emoji6][emoji106] thanks in advance. Jon.

If you could wait a little the new E Class Coupe is worth waiting for. It sits between the C Class & S Class Coupe and looks even better (imo) than the C Class.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupé

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/e-brochures/e-class-coupe-c238.pdf

Yes please. The E400 4MATIC. Beautiful car and no iPad stuck to the dashboard.

Of course, they're still selling the 'current' EClass coupe, and at healthy discounts. The E350 has the 9-speed box too. It's an excellent all-rounder in my opinion, and no stick-on iPad.

We appear to have taken the OP from a 90k mile C class Coupe to a brand new E Class.

May be a slight stretch in budget there.

Didn't mean to come across as trying to put anyone back in a box. Just amused at how it had snowballed so far from the original question and that we should maybe take a reality check.

I started the snowball after all.

Lmao thanks 400ixl, I was thinking that too, I'm stretching my budget with a 13 grand C class [emoji849]

Lmao thanks 400ixl, I was thinking that too, I'm stretching my budget with a 13 grand C class [emoji849]

Sorry misread your post when you said a new brand car I mistook it for brand new car - whoops.

I'm surprised no-one told you that you might as well buy an AMG!

Didn't mean to come across as trying to put anyone back in a box. Just amused at how it had snowballed so far from the original question and that we should maybe take a reality check.

I started the snowball after all.

You certainly didn't come across as trying to put me back in my box ... but I know when it is time to crawl back into it.
Therein lies my comfort zone, after all!

I went from a 9-5 Aero to a W210 E55 AMG. Whole new performance league...

Whole new fuel consumption league too, though - in the wrong direction...

The OP is looking at an AMG anyway; well, OK, an AMG LIne.

Ha ha, I have in the short time I have spent in the MB world realised that the AMG line is a big of a joke with die hard AMG fans ☺

well, i've gone and done it :thumb:

just waiting for my plate to be transferred and its all mine :bannana:

62 plate C220 AMG Sport Plus :D

aedba7217e7a30282a4ef9aab025bf70.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom