Looking for CLS 63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Cochrane

Car
None
Hi Guys,

I am brand new in my search for a CLS63. I am looking for something with no more than 75k around £16-17k and with FSH (i guess isn't everyone). I may be a little too soon to post this as I am looking to buy around April/May of next year ( Moving house then).

Also if you guys have any horror stories or tips and hints in buying/Owning the CLS63 please leave me your thoughts.

My wife's is for sale and with the exception of the mileage (only just) it should tick most boxes for you. They are magnificent cars, well built, extrmely stylish inside and out, very comfortable but loud and crazy when you want them to be. For me they represent a better proposition than a c63 saloon as they are better value for money and more elegant/stylish inside and out. Expect around 20mpg but you can get high 20s on a run and a lot less if you've a heavy right foot. Ride quality is superb, handling very good given size and weight. Very few around which is great but makes them hard to find, you will be looking for 2006-2008 for that kind of price. They suffer from obvious stone chipping around lower rear arches and sill area as these flare out but apart from that I've had no issues, just regular maintenance as per any car and you will have a reliable and truly great car with one of the best n/a v8 engines ever produced.
Mercedes cls63 AMG rare designo plumb leather nav fsh 2keys low miles c63 cls 63 | eBay

My wife's is for sale and with the exception of the mileage (only just) it should tick most boxes for you. They are magnificent cars, well built, extrmely stylish inside and out, very comfortable but loud and crazy when you want them to be. For me they represent a better proposition than a c63 saloon as they are better value for money and more elegant/stylish inside and out. Expect around 20mpg but you can get high 20s on a run and a lot less if you've a heavy right foot. Ride quality is superb, handling very good given size and weight. Very few around which is great but makes them hard to find, you will be looking for 2006-2008 for that kind of price. They suffer from obvious stone chipping around lower rear arches and sill area as these flare out but apart from that I've had no issues, just regular maintenance as per any car and you will have a reliable and truly great car with one of the best n/a v8 engines ever produced.
Mercedes cls63 AMG rare designo plumb leather nav fsh 2keys low miles c63 cls 63 | eBay
ahh, very nice example, im getting in love with brand, but too early yet for this kind of monster, glws

ahh, very nice example, im getting in love with brand, but too early yet for this kind of monster, glws

I owned a 2007 model for 3 years, the positives have already been covered. I had the secondary cat by pass and x pipe fitted so it sounded fantastic but still subtle

Things to look out for
Failing airmatic - pumps or struts
M156 Ticking noise - LH bank
7G transmission -limp home mode

thanks guys for the advice

Not yet still looking, just doing the ground work right now find out as much as I can about them, so not in a hurry unless the 'perfect' deal comes my way

Private msg me if ur still looking for a cls buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom