Looking for someone who can repair my multichanger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kolobos

Car
SL400 AMG Sport 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a multi changer in a C220 CDI Avantgarde SE in the glovebox that will eject the caddy but will not take a disc into play once re-inserted? The head unit is a Comand APS NTG2 unit and has a single slot for the Nav disc. I am using this to play cd's but would like the changer repairing.

Does anyone on here know where I can get this looked at please?
I am in Scunthorpe, North Lincs.

Regards,
Steve...

Unit might be an MC330 but not sure.

Hi Guys,

I have a multi changer in a C220 CDI Avantgarde SE in the glovebox that will eject the caddy but will not take a disc into play once re-inserted? The head unit is a Comand APS NTG2 unit and has a single slot for the Nav disc. I am using this to play cd's but would like the changer repairing.

Does anyone on here know where I can get this looked at please?
I am in Scunthorpe, North Lincs.

Regards,
Steve...

Unit might be an MC330 but not sure.

I had exactly the same problem on mine (although I think mine is an M3010).
In the end, I thought I had nothing to lose by taking it apart. I dismantled the covers, looked at the mechanism, and could see nothing wrong, or broken etc. Decided may as well reassemble, and put back in car for now.
It instantly started working fine, and proceeded to do so for about a month. Then it did the same thing as it was changing disk. Came up with something like no disc.
Took it apart again, put it back together, and it is still working fine again.
I have a feeling the controlling is done from the comand unit, so if it is like mine, I suspect there is something simpler worth a go (which I will try next time).
On the back of the unit is a small metal box, that the 2 connectors go into. One is a small 2 pin thing, the other is obviously light controlled, and has 2 led type things.
Remove connectors, then remove the 2 screws that hold the box on.
You will then find a multicore ribbon cable. Release the 2 little tags, one each end, and remove box. Then reconnect the cable, and push the 2 tags back in. Refit the screws, then reconnect. You may find it then works.

Neil

On the

If you Google CD changer repair Mikos Weblog there is a good pictorial on how to fix these. May or may not be the same problem but worth a shot and could save you a good few quid.

If you Google CD changer repair Mikos Weblog there is a good pictorial on how to fix these. May or may not be the same problem but worth a shot and could save you a good few quid.

Thanks for that. If (when) it fails again with the same fault, I will head straight for that area as I am sure it must be the same on mine. Maybe mine is loose, as everytime I remove it, and reassemble, without adjusting anything, it works again, so assumed it may be just dodgy connection in the ribbon cable.

Neil

This person repairs car audio and you can post your unit to him and he will inspect it and give you a quote for repair. My friend had his multi changer repaired by him.

Colin Brooks
Car Audio Services
10 Midland Road
Rushden
Northampton
NN10 9UJ

01933 315602

[email protected]

Car Audio Services - Rushden

Thank you for your replies, I am day off today so may remove it from the car and have a quick look. May even contact Colin Brooks, thanks for the contact.

Regards,
Steve...

This person repairs car audio and you can post your unit to him and he will inspect it and give you a quote for repair. My friend had his multi changer repaired by him.

Colin Brooks
Car Audio Services
10 Midland Road
Rushden
Northampton
NN10 9UJ

01933 315602

[email protected]

Car Audio Services - Rushden

Colin Brooks is an amazing guy, I sent my changer to him for repair and he rang me when it arrived, when he'd repaired it and also when the courier had collected it. The service was outstanding and I have used him twice now. I would recommend him to anyone wanting an audio repair. He is also very reasonably priced and repairs audio equipment for his local Mercedes dealership. Fantastic service

Steve...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom