Loony in a C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I drive the A19 regularly (it was not me in this incident by the way)

However, as one of those horrible C63 drivers i have had on many occasion someone come off a slip road and then pull straight in front of me, if i didn't know better i would say it was the " I am going to slow him down" mob who are all suddenly traffic police....I wouldn't care if i was tanking it but these days going more than 70 can cost you a lot of money.

Ironically when I am driving the Passat diesel estate, drivers seem a lot more courteous....Don't hang off the bumper trying to get me to "take the bait"

I have seen plenty people ripping down the A19 in triple figures but i don't consider getting them with the dash camera (how sad is that) and occasionally wonder how many revs the little fiesta / micra or nissan juke is doing when it whips past at 110mph.......must be another C63 owner in there second car??????

My Nissan Micra doesn't have a rev-counter. I hate to think what I'm putting it through but, ignorance is bliss...?

I've read all this thread and some of it is quite funny, but I'd just like to say that if I were joining a four lane A road, checked my (admittedly small and old) mirrors, saw no one in the outside lane and made to overtake a slow-moving lorry and then someone in an enormous fast-moving vehicle careered up behind me, then moved toward me, I would be petrified in the literal sense of the word! Not everyone is Sterling Moss...I certainly am not!

Lorries are allowed to travel at 60, but are restricted to 56.

I just assumed that the lorry was in the inner lane...not immediately at the slip road but far enough to allow entry at 70 and proceed to overtake.

I assumed the OP knew what he was doing and wouldn't accelerate to 70 when it was obvious the lorry was going to baulk him.

I assumed that the lorry was far enough along the slip road (or beyond it) such that the OP couldn't overtake him on the slip road.

Without these little details however...we're all in the dark.

Only lorries under 7.5 ton maximum gross weight are allowed to travel at 60 mph on a dual carriageway and I haven't seen the weight of the vehicle mentioned anywhere?

It is the OP responsibility to check that the lane in question is clear before moving into it. I don't know the slip road in question but I'd love to have had a £1 for every time that as a traffic cop I dealt with a collision where "they weren't there when I pulled out" and the calculations for distance for a vehicle to be out of sight to the collision meant the car in question would have to be Lewis Hamiltons to cover that distance in that time. :)

Only lorries under 7.5 ton maximum gross weight are allowed to travel at 60 mph on a dual carriageway and I haven't seen the weight of the vehicle mentioned anywhere?

Not true . Anything over 7.5 ton has a limiter fitted to 90 kpm about 56 mph. The law changed a few years ago in England and Wales and trucks are allowed to do 60 mph on dual carriageways which they can't do because of the limiter.
However in Scotland you are correct because the old laws still apply...

I've read all this thread and some of it is quite funny, but I'd just like to say that if I were joining a four lane A road, checked my (admittedly small and old) mirrors, saw no one in the outside lane and made to overtake a slow-moving lorry and then someone in an enormous fast-moving vehicle careered up behind me, then moved toward me, I would be petrified in the literal sense of the word! Not everyone is Sterling Moss...I certainly am not!

The voice of the people.

As a HGV driver(in the past) I have had to brake because a car pulls sharply in front of me as another comes alongside the 1st car, drivers gesticulating , swerving (mainly because they are not concentrating on the road) is so dangerous to everyone else behind the lorrys 44ton bulk. Then you get the ones behind me & the Loon in the car shouting at 1st car, wondering why we have braked, who then also brake & before you know some poor sod about 500metres back slaps into someone...all because of these two jokers! You both sound as bad as each other, why bother trying to wind each other up, especially at the possible safety of others...grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom