Loss of Power on a 2015 E220 AMG Line Night Edition Bluetec Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daks

Car
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto
Hi All,

I hope you can help or let me know if anyone else is having the same issues I have been having. I was delivered a brand new car (as described in post heading) last year April and all was fine until after 4 months or so. I have been having a very serious intermittent issue with power loss or lag or no power from the vehicle ever since.

The issue I have is when I am at either a stop or rolling at 2mph for example, when I put my foot on the accelerator, I get no response and continue rolling for 3-7 seconds. This is far too long to get a response from hitting the accelerator and very dangerous and unsafe. I have also had this issue when driving on the motorway where I was doing 40mph, tried changing lane and then put my foot down on the accelerator and got no response from it for 3-5 seconds.

Every time I send the car into the MB London Stratford Garage (who are absolutely useless in customer service) they report nothing is showing on the diagnostics nor on an over night run. I have explained that this is an intermittent problem but they are not interested.

Has anybody else had these problems and what was done if anything?

Thanks

That's not good enough, very dangerous and a poor response from that dealership. I would take it elsewhere, wait for suggestions on here as to who is recommend in your area, phone them and let them know about MB Stratford

I believe this is a trait of the auto box in eco mode.

It is dangerous and I have experienced this on my E300 Hybrid, my fairly new E350 and on a loaner E class.

Put car in sport mode and it should be fine.

Why not try the car for a few trips in sport to see if it improves.

My E350 has the 9 speed box, in eco the throttle response is very very lazy even when pushing the pedal fairly hard.

I am pretty sure there has been a post about this on this forum or the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies ioweddie & Headhurts - MB Stratford literal words were:

"The fact of the matter is we have been unable to fault your vehicle at any point whilst it has been in our care. There are no faults in the diagnostic logs for us to further investigate.

We are not willing to put any other comments in writing to you.

If you feel our diagnoses is not justified then we would suggest you book in to another dealer for a second opinion."

they are washing there hands with the problem and MB customer service (head office) is no better. I know 2 people that have the same car and are having the same issue but not to the same extent as myself. however, 1 of them did say he has put it in sports mode and the problem hasn't happened since (for 2 months).

In my opinion, I should have to put it in sports mode to see if the problem doesn't occur. if there is a problem in eco mode then as far as I'm concerned, there is a problem with the car. if its a common problem across the range, then the whole range is not safe and they should recall the lot!

Regards

Although my E350 (9 speed box) can be lazy it is nowhere near the lag I had with the loaner and my previous E300 Hybrid.

Having re-read your post I have never experienced your problem when actually driving and going for an overtake.

In defence of your dealership it must be difficult to repair a problem that they cannot replicate.

Is it worth resetting the gearbox, there is a procedure on one of the forums.

I have to say I have no technical knowledge only what I have read on the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom