Loud buzzing in rear passenger wing area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

satumashirt611

Car
mercedes e220
Hello,this is my first post here,got my first e220 automatic last week and really like it,its old 1994 but in great condition anyway was parked at shop last nite listening to the radio when all of a sudden a noise started coming from the boot area of the car,it sounded like a drill vibrating on plastic and there was a faint burning smell as well.opened the boot and in the left corner(passenger)removed the trim.the noise was coming from the area under the rear pillar and i disconnected a wired rectangular block thing and the noise stopped.dont know what this is but the sunroof wouldnt move until i connected it again.anyone have this problem,havent connected it since in case of burning out a motor or something.anyway really like these old mercs and dont mind a few problems.love the site

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I'm afraid I cant offer any help with your question however I am sure somebody on here can. If you get no joy tonight repost your question (just type in, BUMP) and bring it back to the front!

Good luck.

Simon

That is where the sunroof motor lives. Its probably from that or its related wiring circuit.

thanks for the reply,will check it out,not too bad if its only the sunroof motor,must be a sticky cwitch or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom