Love this.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the first is a beautiful piece of marine engineering, I wonder if it's steam powered as it appears. I'd happily lose a couple of limbs for that.
The bike is nice too, I wonder how many of those there is about nowadays?

cheddar said:
the first is a beautiful piece of marine engineering, I wonder if it's steam powered as it appears. I'd happily lose a couple of limbs for that. The bike is nice too, I wonder how many of those there is about nowadays?
The boat is relatively new but it's stunning. There are about a dozen of the BMW's out here in various states.

yes it's nice to see boats built to the tasteful classic style, some of the new boats now are hideous.
the bike is a great machine, very desirable I would guess must be 1940's? my grandad used to restore the 30's and 40's models a few years back, always stuck in my mind.

At a guess I'd say it looks like an R51/3 of the early 50's

BMW's looked old even when they were new.

My BMW is a 1979 at which time I was in my early 20's and wouldn't have looked at a it twice in the showrooms. Now I like them for the quality build and functional simplicity.

190 said:
At a guess I'd say it looks like an R51/3 of the early 50's BMW's looked old even when they were new. My BMW is a 1979 at which time I was in my early 20's and wouldn't have looked at a it twice in the showrooms. Now I like them for the quality build and functional simplicity.
Just googled the R51/3 and the picture comes up as a single seater but there could well have been variations. My agent had one in Corfu in 1992.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom