Loving the E55 right now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Just been up to Hull for the weekend. The E55 took it in its stride. At the price point if there is a better car to cover 190 miles in comfort and good pace then I'd be amazed.

Just been up to Hull for the weekend. The E55 took it in its stride. At the price point if there is a better car to cover 190 miles in comfort and good pace then I'd be amazed.

Sounds like its a great replacement for the M5 Mike.
Glad its living up to its reputation. It is a great car for the money:bannana:

The M5 was a fine machine, the betters driver's car, but the E55 makes doing distances effortless with its instant torque and power from that 5.4 supercharged lump. I just wish it had an LSD so it could do 11's

You don't need an LSD to leave 11s.

The E55 has plenty enough torque to unseat the rears and spin them.

Ask me how I know...

The budgets that came on my car will confirm too, if they are able to return from the dead.

Acid can fix you up with a Quaife diff if you want to spend £1500 ish:devil:

Yep 11s easy lol, not so eazy 11s on the 1/4 tho

lol, up to now I've only left 1's LOL.

Not gonna spend £1500 on a diff, that's going towards the next car.

You're not trying hard enough then!

Last 11 I left, albeit it was back in 2011 not long after I bought my E55K, was on flat dry smoothish tarmac in September.

I can't remember how long the 11 was but the poor dude in the car behind took ages to get through the smoke as they wouldn't have seen ****!

I did choose a quiet bit of road but such is life - someone was coming along not long after.

:thumb: +1

It's all about the Torque for me, having the ability to get an adrenaline rush early in the rev range, and back straight off, means you can enjoy the car more of the time. I drove my fathers Modded V8 Esprit a couple of years ago, and found after my car, that it took too long for anything to happen. His car is quick for sure, but by the time the turbos picked up we were going to fast. (He did have his boost turned right down mind)

Then as you say in our cars, the ride is awesome. To have that kind of brutal straight line thrust, but be completely comfortable in between is a great thing. I looked at many options before deciding on an E55, including weekend toy for track, plus a runaround, or different E55 type options. Pretty sure i made the right choice.

Is it a British racing green Esprit Turbo?

Hi Jules,

No it's one of two 350 sports they made in white. Think the other 50 were silver. He's done all the work himself fair play to him. Puts out around 500bhp 1300kg. He's in his 70's now though, so thinking of selling it.

:thumb: +1

It's all about the Torque for me, having the ability to get an adrenaline rush early in the rev range, and back straight off, means you can enjoy the car more of the time. I drove my fathers Modded V8 Esprit a couple of years ago, and found after my car, that it took too long for anything to happen. His car is quick for sure, but by the time the turbos picked up we were going to fast. (He did have his boost turned right down mind)

Then as you say in our cars, the ride is awesome. To have that kind of brutal straight line thrust, but be completely comfortable in between is a great thing. I looked at many options before deciding on an E55, including weekend toy for track, plus a runaround, or different E55 type options. Pretty sure i made the right choice.

I think this in part is why I struggled to find a worthy successor to mine.

I never really knew about the effects of low-down torque as the last V8 I had was NA.

Since then, I really appreciate forced induction from very low down in the rev range.

I don't want to have to rev the bolarks off a road car to get the performance out of it.

You might be quite surprised by a good diesel; I was...

My remapped C320cdi has supposedly 628Nm

The C55 as standard and the C320CDI as standard has the same 510Nm:D

190mls would of cost me around £23 (Shell Nitro) compared to what £38 for petrol??

Last edited:
My remapped C320cdi has supposedly 628Nm

The C55 as standard and the C320CDI as standard has the same 510Nm:D

190mls would of cost me around £23 (Shell Nitro) compared to what £38 for petrol??

Abit down on a Standard e55k lump as they put out 700nms, But deffo a hard decision c55 vs c320 cdi if you were not worried about having a Amg v8.

Last edited:
No offence, but you cannot compare a dull as ditch water Diseasal with a Sonorous V8, be it n/a or supercharged.

Agreed. Diesels do generate a lot of low end torque but a.) the band is narrow so they quickly run out of puff, and b.) where's the music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom