Lower than a snakes belly (Airplanes)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Alain De Cadenet clip always makes me chuckle.

As a teenager (in the scouts) we went camping in Snowdonia. I have two distinct memories of that trip.

The first was any store/pub/building we entered, the moment we were recognised as being English all the locals stared then immediately started talking Welsh.

The second was hiking up a mountain and looking down on a body of water below watching two fast jets fly the mach loop, getting so low they left a wake on the lake below. It was awesome in the true meaning of the word.

I think the aircraft were Jaguar's. It's over 30 years ago mind.

As a teenager (in the scouts) we went camping in Snowdonia. I have two distinct memories of that trip.

The first was any store/pub/building we entered, the moment we were recognised as being English all the locals stared then immediately started talking Welsh.

The second was hiking up a mountain and looking down on a body of water below watching two fast jets fly the mach loop, getting so low they left a wake on the lake below. It was awesome in the true meaning of the word.

I think the aircraft were Jaguar's. It's over 30 years ago mind.

Speaking Welsh, in Wales?

Get out of here with your fanciful stories.

So the story goes, Hanna had made a couple of relatively low level passes prior to that, but the director asked him to go lower. The result is in the iconic clip. F-me! F-me!

I had the pleasure of watching Ray Hanna - probably the finest Spitfire display pilot ever, by a big margin - beat up the runway at Biggin Hill many years go. He approached in a steep dive and pulled out to fly the runway at about 10 feet, then pulled up into a steep climb and huge cheers from the crowd. A fantastic bit of display flying by a genius pilot.

For the uninitiated:

[YOUTUBE]rCfU5yBlw7U[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom