Lowering a 200t estate MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeyWikey

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but i'm hoping that you guys can help me as i've been reading some of the forum and been very useful to me.

I have a 200t Estate MB 1987 i'm planning to get it lowered but was wondering where to buy the springs from. I've just tried Euro Car Parts and they said that there isn't one for the 200t estate.

I was wondering would the Saloon springs fit on the 200t Estate?

Please help,

Thanks

Michael

the saloon ones will fit the front but you are going to have fun with the rears because it's more about the self levelling suspension system than the springs - no matter what length springs you fit, without adjustment it will just keep resetting the suspension system to the same height.

You may even get away without changing the springs on the rear - without assistance from the hydraulics the rear of the car sits very low (almost on the floor in fact) - try making adjustments to the levelling valve - it's located just rear of the offside wheel and attached to the anti roll bar - the short bar with adjusters at each end is what you want to play with - top tip - have a spare link ready because they do have a nasty habit of seizing up so that when you try and release them something may just give way. It will be a bit trial and error but you should be able to "dial in" enough of a drop without the cost of new springs or sacrificing ride quality

HTH

Andy

Thank andy_k, i'll have a look and give it a go.

I'll keep it posted how i get alone with it. :)

to get the suspension to drop you will need to "shorten" the link rod between the anti roll bar and the valve - take accurate measurements before you start of how long the adjuster rod is so you have a "safe place" to return to should it all go horribly wrong.

As I said it will be a bit of trial and error getting the exact height you want

Good luck

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom