Lowering on Star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodd1980

Car
CLS55
Looking for some help,

I just lowered my car on airmatic using MB Star and now the sports suspension button doesn't raise/lower the car on the different settings.

I made sure that the car was on the normal comfort setting before starting the procedure. So i'm at a bit of a loss as to whats gone wrong, i have obviously missed something but i can't seem to find what i have done wrong

This is on a CLS55 by the way

How much have you lowered it?

I normally lower on the sport setting, maybe as you have done it on comfort it is hitting the parameter limits so cannot lower no more.

I have to re-adjust mine this weekend so will let you know if that's the case.

I normally lower on the sport setting, maybe as you have done it on comfort it is hitting the parameter limits so cannot lower no more.

I have to re-adjust mine this weekend so will let you know if that's the case.

That would make sense! if you could let me know that would be much appreciated

seemed to lower whatever mode its in, make sure the levels and inclination values are within the tolerances set otherwise it will not take the settings.

if the lights on the sport 1 &2 settings come on then it will be doing its thing, its very subtle

had another attempt with this and all settings are within the tolerances but the sports button still does nothing.

What am i doing wrong

Put it back to stock and see if the button works as you expect?

I never done myself since I have no airmatic but what I have read it's pretty much like above, no too big changes at once, and it is important that adjusting is done in right order.

put back to standard and the button doesn't work, i've measured floor to wheel arch on the different C,S1,S2 settings and nothing moves any more.

It's not throwing any codes up so it must be something whilst i lowered it

OP, may sound like a daft question, but prior to you lowering it on star, did the airmatic function correctly, ie when you pressed the button to change modes, 1 light used to illuminate on the button and you had the message displayed in the instrument cluster of what mode was selected, and obv the same when the other suspension mode was selected??

not a silly question, but yes it did work fine before, lights illuminated and it lowered and raised by different amounts depending on which setting it was on

seemed to lower whatever mode its in, make sure the levels and inclination values are within the tolerances set otherwise it will not take the settings.

if the lights on the sport 1 &2 settings come on then it will be doing its thing, its very subtle

Alps, you're localish to me iirc, how much would you charge to lower mine a little on Star?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom