M-B Guildford discount scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Had an email today from Sandown Mercedes-Benz, the new name for Tony Purslow (M-B Guildford). Looks like they are continuing with TP's previous discount scheme for older M-Bs
As the proud owner of a Mercedes‑Benz aged over 9-years-old, the loyalty discounts of the Platinum Elite Programme are still available to you from Sandown.

The benefits of the Platinum Elite Programme include:

• Labour discount of 40%
• Stocked parts discount of 15% on workshop repairs and servicing
• £10 MOTs

Your Platinum Elite card can be used on any workshop visit, which includes bookings made as part of our My®Service programme.

IIRC they had a discount scheme for cars aged 6-9 years too, so I guess that will still exist.

I have always found them to be a great dealership, the parts guys there could not be more helpful.

Yup, that's platinum 'plus' ... I get 'elite' (bigger discounts) as my car is over 9 years old :)

Is this kind of deal specific to this dealer only or typical of most?

Plus one for the service offered at TP. We have made good use of the discount scheme down the years, hoping this continues with the "unification".

:thumb:

is Elite negotiable individually? could you share the labour discount?

are there discount schemes in Middlesex / NW London / Bucks? I live in Harrow would love to get proper service for decent price.

Is this kind of deal specific to this dealer only or typical of most?

It's specific to the Sandown group of M-B dealerships:

Basingstoke
Dorchester
Guildford
Hindhead
Poole
Salisbury

It's unusual for main dealers to publicly offer discounts like this, although many others are open to a bit of haggling (always worth a try).

Had an email today from Sandown Mercedes-Benz, the new name for Tony Purslow (M-B Guildford). Looks like they are continuing with TP's previous discount scheme for older M-Bs

IIRC they had a discount scheme for cars aged 6-9 years too, so I guess that will still exist.

My car is in there today for a C service (trade ;))

Very highly recommend them.

My SL has been going there since 2004 (well, to their previous site originally!).

been quoted £1111 for a B Service by MB Guildford on this programme.

Including Sparks, Fuel Filter and Brake Fluid.

Thought that was a little bit pricey tbh.

(haven't tried to negotiate yet - just phoning around for options at this point, its not quite due.)

That's a lot, don't know if you would expect to pay more than usual for an AMG. 'C' service on my R129 500 was under £650 there.

That's a lot, don't know if you would expect to pay more than usual for an AMG. 'C' service on my R129 500 was under £650 there.

I think its heavy. I get the impression there is an AMG factor in the charges, but I'm not sure its justified.

Just had my 2008 W211 E220 serviced and MOT'd, including new front pads at Sandown Guildford and got a bill for £815!! That hurt!! (B Service btw)

dont want to pray on it.. but it seems the crisis is over and the big shops are back to their old rip-off-everything-you-can days.. IMO

I think its heavy. I get the impression there is an AMG factor in the charges, but I'm not sure its justified.

Perhaps this price is not 'heavily discounted', but it does sound like a fair price from a dealer, especially if your car happens to have 16 spark plugs... so I don't think that the AMG factor plays a part here, other than where it is genuinely more expensive to service.

Just had my 2008 W211 E220 serviced and MOT'd, including new front pads at Sandown Guildford and got a bill for £815!! That hurt!! (B Service btw)

Depending on when in 2008 it was registered it might not qualify for *any* discount yet (6 years and over). Biggest discount is at 9 years old.

Sandown Guildford - my recent experience

1) Booked service online last week
2) Auto-reply told me that they would get back within one hour
3) Four days later, I'd heard nothing
4) Phoned the Guildford service number and some chap in Poole picks up the phone
5) Have a gripe and go through my service requirements
6) He says he will email Guildford and they will phone me to confirm within one hour
7) That was 09:00 yesterday morning. I've heard nothing.

Next step: Visit Guildford and ask if they have a phone number that I can speak to a human being on.

Tony Purslow looked after my cars for about ten years with exemplary service. Things seem to have gone a bit pear-shaped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom