M-Class 320CDI review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi John,

A 'so so' review here:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/M/mercedesbenz/m-class05-/m-class05-.html

Doesn't appear to like the 7-Gtronic! All other reviews on 7-G (all vehicles) have been positive.

Don't like the way price is increasing i.e old + 10% = £35K - £37K for 280CDi and 350/320 CDi respectively (cf USA = £21.3K for 350). I know steering wheels has to be moved etc. and it's got to go on a boat trip but :( we will be paying almost twice the price of the 'yanks' :eek:

Why is it that German and USA web sites have car 'configurators' but UK doesn't? (or am I mistaken?).

Cheers,

Dieter said:
Hi John,

A 'so so' review here:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/M/mercedesbenz/m-class05-/m-class05-.html

Doesn't appear to like the 7-Gtronic! All other reviews on 7-G (all vehicles) have been positive.

Don't like the way price is increasing i.e old + 10% = £35K - £37K for 280CDi and 350/320 CDi respectively (cf USA = £21.3K for 350). I know steering wheels has to be moved etc. and it's got to go on a boat trip but :( we will be paying almost twice the price of the 'yanks' :eek:

Why is it that German and USA web sites have car 'configurators' but UK doesn't? (or am I mistaken?).

Cheers,

Hi Dieter,
Our prices are annoying, just look at the prices of the whole Mercedes-Benz range on the US site.

I agree about the gearbox comments, I have not read any other similar complaints, although most reviews have always preferred a six speed automatic box compared to the Mercedes 7 speed. I have no opinion whatsoever on this issue as I have not tried either. However I have spoken to a number of people that own E500's with the 7 speed gearbox, and everyone of them speak very highly of it.

The pricing issue does seem on the high side, but the vehicle is not due for release until September.

It certainly sounds a very nice vehicle with improved build quality. Do you think they will ever consider a seven seat option?

The UK Mercedes-Benz site is not very good at all. You would expect a quality site for a quality car, but it is very second rate and there are none of the build options that are getting to be quite common now on car manufacturers sites.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

The new G-class will be the (only) 7-seat option and appears (basically) to be a 'stretched' M-class.

Cheers,

PS England to get '10' tonight (or Owen to miss 10? :eek: )?

Dieter said:
Hi John,

PS England to get '10' tonight (or Owen to miss 10? :eek: )?

:D Just been discussing the very same point with my son. Has both Beckham and Owen reached there sell by date?

Just a few minutes to kick off.

John

Hi John,

Appears I got it right. Owen missed 10!

Cheers,

Dieter said:
Hi John,

Appears I got it right. Owen missed 10!

Cheers,

Spot on.

Both Beckham and Owen are players that have been of tremendous service to England, but as with all things the time has come to look at other players.

John

Night night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom