M1 Cash cameras.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seeing that I don't speed I am more than happy to see law breakers fund my local police force.

Heard this chap on the news this morning. Regardless of whether I agree with the speed limit I have no problem with people who break the law being penalised.

However, he clearly said, we need money so we might turn on the cameras to make some. Nothing about road safety, law enforcement etc. Purely money.

I think he's doing it for effect but even so. :mad: :(

Seeing that I don't speed I am more than happy to see law breakers fund my local police force.

I will be watching your every move and see that you don't break any speed limits by more than 0.001 mph. :bannana:

No chance of anyone being caught for speeding on that stretch anyway, 70mph a long distant dream, usually the maximum speed possible is either zero or anything up to 40 or 50mph.

No real surprise about raising revenue, they also have mobile cameras that operate at night now.

Well I think they should not punish the speeders ,they should stop people at random and ask them a general knowledge question a wrong answer and they get a £200 fine,reduced to £180 if the pay cash and do not ask for a reciept

At least **** (Richard) Turpin wore a mask...

Last edited:
Within 20 years there will not be a single mile of motorway that will not be monetised. The whole notion of so called smart motorway being about safety is a joke that if you have half a brain you can see through. No doubt the usual sycophants will argue otherwise, but as I said.. half a brain!!!

Every time I use the managed motorway section of the M62 between Brighouse and Castleford the signs are set to 60 then 50 then 60 then 50.. doesn't matter what time of day it is or how dense the traffic is. Was there at 5:20am on a Sunday morning abut 3 months ago, no traffic, no weather issues and they were still all over the place.

Designed for nothing else than catching you and extracting money from you!

The UK is the most snooped on controlled nation in the world and all people do about it is whinge on social media!

Do I feel a revolution coming... :D

Within 20 years there will not be a single mile of motorway that will not be monetised. The whole notion of so called smart motorway being about safety is a joke that if you have half a brain you can see through. No doubt the usual sycophants will argue otherwise, but as I said.. half a brain!!!

Every time I use the managed motorway section of the M62 between Brighouse and Castleford the signs are set to 60 then 50 then 60 then 50.. doesn't matter what time of day it is or how dense the traffic is. Was there at 5:20am on a Sunday morning abut 3 months ago, no traffic, no weather issues and they were still all over the place.

Designed for nothing else than catching you and extracting money from you!

The UK is the most snooped on controlled nation in the world and all people do about it is whinge on social media!
You forgot bitching and whining.

The motorist in the UK is just a cash cow for all authorities. Just accept it or emigrate

To make that statement you clearly spend far too much time looking at your speedo to be a safe driver.

Of course I could be a liar :rolleyes:

Drink drivers
Smokers
Drug dealers
Speeders

Just one big happy Pariah family now.

Well I understand (and I am not making this up) that the Police are also looking a public sponsorship to raise money. The radio today mentioned EasyJet as a possible sponsor having their logo splashed all over Police patrol cars.

Wrong thread...

To make that statement you clearly spend far too much time looking at your speedo to be a safe driver.

Not necessarily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom