Magic model 300 SL!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Koenig weren't known for the subtle look. It is an original though, rather than a later conversion/re-creation.

I dont understand why people would do this on the 300 vs the 500.

But then I would rather have a skip that went like a rocket vs a rocket that went like a skip!

I do like it though

I love it!

The world has enough standard looking red R107 SL's for this one exception to be allowed imo....

I just hope someone doesnt opt for the 'free of charge option' of having the car removed of its koenig bits and sold as standard!....

Just glorious. An utterly wonderful period car.

A tad excessive for me, but have to agree there is a place for non standard models!

I love it. Is it me? I really struggled to follow the wording in the ad.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

You read the ad? Crikey. I just saw pictures and dreamt of twin turbo testarossas. That SL with a proper motor in. Yummy. I would just need someone to drive it for me - or maybe I take it out myself after dark. Love Koenig specials.

Anyone remember the European top car magazine? Full of these, isdera Imperator's etc. God I miss the eighties. Come back Crockett and tubbs. Yes I do have the box set. No espadrilles though.

Uber-kitsch... The last word in MB bad taste from the period; Barry's daddy obviously had lots of money back then. I suppose it does have a certain ghastly charm - so bad it's almost good - but I can think of much better things to spend the POA (= overpriced) on.

Last edited:
I dont understand why people would do this on the 300 vs the 500. But then I would rather have a skip that went like a rocket vs a rocket that went like a skip!

Buy it; you'll then have a skip that goes like a skip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom