Maintenance manual, help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asal

Car
E 220d estate 2013
Sorry, hope this is in the right place to ask, but I am really not that tech savvy with all Mercedes.

Can someone tell me where to buy\download the equivalent of a Haynes manual for what I believe is designated as aW212 E-class estate 2013 year.

A workshop manual would be ideal, but I don't know where or what to buy.

Any help for this is really nice if you can.

Thanks,
John.

Almost certainly no such manual exists as a stand-alone. What there is, is Mercedes WIS (Workshop Information System), which covers every model. There are plenty of sellers offering WIS (and ASRA, and EPC - the parts catalogue) CDs or memory sticks very cheaply on eBay. They all claim not to infringe copyright, but I doubt this is true. What I can say, is that I've had two versions, almost certainly bootleg (I suspect...), and both worked fine.

WIS will cover everything on your car. The downside, though, is that WIS is almost unbelievably clunky and counter-intuitive to navigate; MB's own techs will admit that. Add to that, it's a German setup, laid out following German logic and mindset, then translated into English. It's probably OK with practice, and the younger and more computer-savvy you are, the easier you will find it I suspect, but I hate the bloody thing. Life's too short... (Well, it is when you're my age...)

Thank you folks, I appreciate your help.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom