making a W124 feel "tight" again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car got recovered back home last night. It is indeed the Q-Drive part failing, basically the rubber torn to shreds.

FEBI replacement ordered!

I ripped mines apart before......but that was because I did stupid doughnuts!

Gotta love the old 124s. Sometimes when you don't go with your gut (guilty here too) You know your gut was right.

Gotta love the old 124s. Sometimes when you don't go with your gut (guilty here too) You know your gut was right.

Yeah I'll be more wary on cheapo parts that are under stress in future. I'm all for cheaper stuff where appropriate. I only really fitted it as I already had it "in stock" and had sort of left it for some time in my garage as i knew it didnt look a great part.

unfortunatly that also means the invoice date is much older than when i actually fitted it to the car so probably no comeback from Q-Drive.

Febi aren't that much better from what I've seen, maybe just go genuine on something like that...??

Cheap parts - you reap what you sow…

The front prop doughnut fails after the engine mounts fail. The job I always have to do on diesels is replace the engine mounts. It makes for a much nicer car

Replacing the rear suspension spheres is always a positive move

Nick Froome

Febi aren't that much better from what I've seen, maybe just go genuine on something like that...??

i didnt think you couild get much better than Febi Bilstien parts? The febi part looks identical to the genuine MB part that came off. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom