Map update stuck - in-car and on macbook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Wilts

Car
E220 (2017)
Hi. I'm a new user.

The map update in my 2017 E220 has been stuck at 55%.

I tried to do a manual update to SDCARD as I saw suggested on this forum.

Using my MacBook, I set Flash to non-safe settings, and installed Adobe Air. With this done, I could get the DaimlerBenz downloader installed.

It started to do map updates (4 files). Did a couple of small ones fine and then hung up on the big one at 1% complete.

Any ideas please, other than to send it back to the garage?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

I tried the mercedes download manager but I had to do it via windows which I partioned on my mac as the mac version wasn't available.I have the audio20 version in my c-class and I just downloaded mine straight onto the sd card that came with the car's mapping took min's to do but I would say this if you use the backup prior to install it'll take an age so I unticked the backup option.

I have an E220 with the Comand Online system. A map update started a few months ago and got stuck at 63%. It had to get completed by the dealership when it went in for a recall last month.

I have an E220 with the Comand Online system. A map update started a few months ago and got stuck at 63%. It had to get completed by the dealership when it went in for a recall last month.

I guess you did not try to update it "manually" with files downloaded via the Mercedes Me portal?

I have updated it once before via SD card but I can't remember if this one was available thar way.
For the last few months I've not been using the Mercedes sat nav, and have instead used Google Maps via Android Auto, which is so much better. I'm pretty disappointed with the Mercedes offering really - especially the traffic info on screen (green, amber, red) which didn't seem to update properly. Google Maps never misses a beat!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've noted a few posts on this subject. I also had the same problem but noted it was on UK maps which when I checked on Mercedes Me portal, it says this map is manual. So I downloaded onto a USB stick using Win 10 laptop and Edge, took about an hour. Then plugged in the car, ignition on but engine off. Command found the update and installed it within 15 minutes. When Comand restarted the previous stuck update had disappeared and the maps showed the latest version. I wonder if the people with the stuck upload are having the same issue, ie Comand is on auto update but it doesn't work for UK maps.

Can anybody tell the last map version available? I have command with free update, but i was informed that the update is only available through the dealer when annual service is due. Can you please advise how to manually update the maps?

Can anybody tell the last map version available? I have command with free update, but i was informed that the update is only available through the dealer when annual service is due. Can you please advise how to manually update the maps?

On the W213? 280 is the latest, hopefully not the last. You can check your current version and the latest available from mercedes me and download manually if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom