March GTG Car Labels

Use Labels

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Just a suggestion.

If we all printed one of these in "Landscape" we could place in back of window going,for others to spot.

On arrival put our user names on them in our Front windows.

GTG Names.bmp

People will soon introduce themselves, but maybe this would be good.

It's more a translation of the names people use to post with and their real name that is probably more usefull.

I expect you'll guess mine but some are not so obvious, V12=Ricky etc.

Another problem you will have is number plates and them getting posted.

Maybe get some plates made up with MB CLUB on them held on my some velcro over the standard plates for the time that they are at the GTG

All depends on how para you are about getting your number plate online ...:D

Originally posted by fuzzer
Another problem you will have is number plates and them getting posted.

Maybe get some plates made up with MB CLUB on them held on my some velcro over the standard plates for the time that they are at the GTG

All depends on how para you are about getting your number plate online ...:D

Not worried to the extend I will cover up, although I did think about haveing some show plates made just to make things look pretty.

But I state now, in case anyone is not aware that it is etiquette to remove any visible license number prior to posting here or elsewhere.

Started to think about seeing how cheap Hlafords can sell me a blank or non-registration lettered plate (I am sure they have legalities! ) as it would make things easier.

I might unscrew my plates and have a clean underneath, then I can whip them off at the GTG for the clean look in the pics!

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Started to think about seeing how cheap Hlafords can sell me a blank or non-registration lettered plate (I am sure they have legalities! ) as it would make things easier.

I might unscrew my plates and have a clean underneath, then I can whip them off at the GTG for the clean look in the pics!

Errrr... do it with a printer and a piece of thin card ;) cheaper ;) make it more customisable ;)

Good, but my printer is A4.

It's going to get a bit Blue Peter if I start joining paper.

JIMMY:

Do you do plates?

Could you supply me / others a pair of BLANK plates on arrival?

I am hoping I can get some somewhere. Once the back is applied to the plastic, it's not much use for fraud, so I hope I can.

Should not have to pay more than a tenner in my mind for two bits of plastic.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
JIMMY:

Do you do plates?

Could you supply me / others a pair of BLANK plates on arrival?

I am hoping I can get some somewhere. Once the back is applied to the plastic, it's not much use for fraud, so I hope I can.

Should not have to pay more than a tenner in my mind for two bits of plastic.

Sorry we don't do plates, too much legislation now.:mad:

I reckon Fancy Plates is your best bet.

I'm getting a bit worried that I might have to bring my anorak!!

I will be going to the automotive cash and carry one evening this week. Is there anything that anybody wants?

Last edited:
Maybe I worry too much, but the internet is very public and not as trustworthy as the close members we have here.

These should do the trick, if there are snaps or video being taken.

plates.jpg

Request anything you like for show use at your local Halfords for a quibble free purchase.

Blank is not really cheaper, but keeps my options open on what car I use them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom