Massive Thank You to the comandonline.co.uk team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
Thanks Alfie, Richard, Chris and Ron for an A+ job :thumb:

COMAND NTG4.7 with reverse camera retrofitted... sound system upgraded... heated front seats retrofitted.... plus some other tweeks ;)

Highly professional team, top job all around, and customer service second to none.

Highly recommended!

https://www.comandonline.co.uk

Now, back to the car to check the new features.......... ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Alfie, Richard, Chris and Ron for an A+ job :thumb:

COMAND NTG4.7 with reverse camera retrofitted... sound system upgraded... heated front seats retrofitted.... plus some other tweeks ;)

Highly professional team, top job all around, and customer service second to none.

Highly recommended!

Now, back to the car to check the new features.......... ;)

https://www.comandonline.co.uk

Woah... I wanted to get heated front seats done too..

Hopefully soon ay... did you go for aftermarket or fully OEM?

Woah... I wanted to get heated front seats done too..

Hopefully soon ay... did you go for aftermarket or fully OEM?

Fully OEM. Thats what they recommended. And it works perfectly.

Fully OEM gives you the side-bolsters working properly :) And no issues with the SAM being upset by the pads having the wrong resistance.

R

And I forgot to mention Alfie and Richard's endless patience in providing detailed replies to my numerous lengthy emails...

Thanks Markjay I have been considering having reverse camera fitted to mine but been worried about panel being removed and the ensuring possible rattles.

It's good to hear that you have had such good service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Markjay I have been considering having reverse camera fitted to mine but been worried about panel being removed and the ensuring possible rattles.

It's good to hear that you have had such good service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that the video cable from the camera needs to go all the way to the COMAND unit at the front, i.e. it is not clever enough to be able digitise the image over the CANBUS (or perhaps the CANBUS just can't support the required bandwidth).

So yes, you most definitely want to entrust this task to someone who knows what he's doing :D

On that front, I am happy to report the are no rattles and no visible sign of any panel having been removed :thumb:

Yes, video cable to front of car.

We keep spare clips / poppers / screws / etc for almost everything, so if we take a panel of and there is any damage to the fixings (often because badly removed by someone else before) we replace them - which is why no rattles :) Screws because we often find the wrong screws around COMAND when it has been removed before, and I put the correct ones back as thats what was designed ...

Markjay had the whole of the boot trim and seats and door panels of his out, I put new clips in that hold the boot carpet in place and some of the clips that hold the side panels in which I was not 100% happy with :)

Richard

I should add that the MB Datacard has been updated by richard and is now correctly showing the retrofitted options: COMAND (Audio20 entry removed), reversing camera, and heated front seats :thumb:

Hi Markjay, are you the guy that I'm coming to see on Monday morning about my "Cant Find Sats" problem on my ML350? if so, looking forward to seeing you guys.
Regards
Phil Bassett

Hi Markjay, are you the guy that I'm coming to see on Monday morning about my "Cant Find Sats" problem on my ML350? if so, looking forward to seeing you guys.
Regards
Phil Bassett

Sorry Firebird, I don't actually work for comandonline, I am just a happy customer.... hope they got your issue sorted though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom