Maxxis tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tcb180

Car
Mercedes E320 Auto
Just bought a pair of Maxxis H5 for the rear of my 2007 E320 Cdi after reading the companies rave reviews and how much they've spent on development of this tyre.

They carry an A Rating for rain & a C for fuel efficiency.

Worth taking a look at. £57 delivered free from Boss Tyres.

225 55 x 16

Not many top brands offer such good ratings.

I had a set of Maxxis tyres, New on my cdi, The grip was great wet or dry but the road noise was really bad once they were worn in abit.

I inherited my previous E55 back in 2011 with Maxxis tyres on it.

They were shocking despite a lot of grip still left.

I suspect they were cheap budgets though just put on to sell the car.

Once I fitted Michelin PS tyres, the car was much improved albeit at a fair old price (£500 a pair of rears back then)!

I see you are possibly an Astra GTE enthusiast?

I had a pair of 16 valvers back in 1996. Great car when you are 20 and way faster than any of my peers @ 150BHP!

Loved the LCD dash as well.

Sorry OP but the only reason to buy Maxxis tyres or similar is cost saving. That doesn't make any sense to me. Never mind in the big scheme of things the saving is minimal.

I've just put Goodyear F1 A3s on my car and I'm well chuffed and at £108.00 per corner it's not worth going budget tyres

Cheeapist budgets I priced up was £69 per corner but I would always be thinking when are they going let go

I've never skimped on tyres always buy the best I can afford :thumb:

Ok views appreciated but first read about the company and how much they have invested to get THIS particular tyre to where they claim it is.

Yep got a beaut of a 1990 Gte. Lives in my garage at all times. Does about 300 to 400 miles a year. Off road on Sorn at the mo. Getting a few things done for spring too.

Looks like an 8v - so will probably last longer!

I had a G and H plate versions but wrote the G plater off (was a gun metal grey). Shame really. H plate was better spec and white.

Most of these cars seem to be appreciating in asking price although I don't know if they achieve them.

Has your one suffered the usual rot on the rear arches?

16 Valver. Arches had been done previously but they'd slated them inside instead of feathering them in, so all the crud got back in. New arches.

Not too many about now so don't know on prices. Got £5k Classic car cover.

Ah! I can't see the badge near the fog light on your avatar.

Given the price of other cars of the era - I wouldn't be surprised.

I paid £4100 for a G plate back in 1996! :eek:

I guy my way has done a resto job on a 16v. Its mint he's asking £10000. I had a Platinum H reg. Super chip and Janspeed exhaust. The thing flew. Instant pick up compared to modern hatches. Back to the Maxxis Tyres as with all manufactures they do several different levels of tyre. I have run their top spec tyre on a high horse power front wheel drive turbo charged car and found them excellent. They were replacements for P zeros and definitely on a par. They are an up and coming brand. There are the tyre of choice for most of the drift lads.

They were quite light - no airbags, no side impact bars, no ESP etc. My G reg one didn't have ABS.

150BHP was good going compared to the peers too.

Thanks for comments guys. I am well pleased with the tyres and will be buying them again.

The GTE is nice to drive and gets loads of attention as she looks very nice indeed. Been to quite a few shows over the years and she's never missed a beat or let us down.

Thanks for comments guys. I am well pleased with the tyres and will be buying them again.

The GTE is nice to drive and gets loads of attention as she looks very nice indeed. Been to quite a few shows over the years and she's never missed a beat or let us down.

I think if tyres suit you - that's all that matters. I love Goodyear F1 A2 tyres but I bet not everyone will for their own reasons...

I've seen an H plate burgandy 16Ver in and around Gravesend and the A2 more than once so it obviously lives somewhere local. Looks well kept and because there are so few now - it stands out like a sore thumb.

I think an older lady drives it and credit to her or whoever who keeps it in such great condition.

I still love them now - great cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom