Maybe just me but Audi indicator lamps are annoying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

Sorry, this is so off topic but I've seen a load of new Audis on the roads with sweeping indicator lights.

Does anyone think these look good.

To me they look really cheap and tacky. In fact for some reason they so incense me when motorway driving that it would stop me buying one.

I quite like them and specced the upgraded headlights so I also get the sweeping indicators on the front as well as the rear on our Incoming Audi.

I have to agree it attracts your attention I find, letting you know "he's/she's" stopped to answer their phone or text... sorry, I meant to say turning...

I did chuckle at that.

At 47 I do own a smart phone, but it's got a technologically dumb owner.

I really don't understand the constant phone obsession and social media, you only need to sit in a coffee shop and people watch for a while and it seems that people don't talk any more. It can't be healthy.

I read threads on here about connecting your phone and wifi internet and connect me and mobile me/mercedes me and I wonder why I'd need to do that. Bluetooth phone calls is enough for me I'm not sure I'd have a use for anything other than that.

Last edited:
I'm not a lover of the sweeping indicators either, but each to their own - the bottom line is that they attract your attention to the fact a car is about to "turn/cut you up" which is surely the purpose. My pet peeve are the cars which have the rear indicator set within the brake light (some VW's did this) & it makes it almost impossible to spot the turn signal when the brakes are applied, it's only when they release the brake to execute the turn that you see the indicator was flashing all along. Also agree with Red on the whole connected car gig - as long as my car pairs with my phone when I get in & has the ability to amend a sat nav route based on traffic info/accidents I'm happy.

I will happily sit behind an Audi (where we all belong) for hours observing the rare times that these illuminate, should they abandon all hope and leave the outside lane...

Audi's were the first cars to get LED DRL's and now pretty much all new cars get them, it will be the same with the sweeping indicators.

It's definitely a ploy to get Audi drivers to realise their car actually HAS indicators.

They're a bit of a novelty, so they attract the attention of following drivers who then sit there mesmerised by the pretty flashing lights rather than concentrating on what's unfolding in front of them.

Actually, it's not the Audi indicators that annoy me, it's the poorly executed led indicators that coexist within the same lamp as the DRL's meaning that in sunny conditions you don't actually see the indicator at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like them, they look awesome. They work well too, suggesting direction without having to see the rest of the car to know which indicator it is.

The only indicator that works without the context of the rest of the car to know what it means.

I quite like them, I think they were first introduced on the Audi R8.

Quite funny really, out of all the things Audi are known for, a lot of people when asked would say "they've always got nice lights".

I like them.

however, I will never buy an audi for two reasons;

1). Their parts prices are interstellar

2). They seem to be for people who cant decide whether to buy a BMW or upgrade to a Mercedes so they buy an Audi!

Meh on the comedy Audi indicators. Just another desperate attempt to make them seem upmarket when the truth is that these days they are tampon cars that the world and his wife now drive on lease.

....My pet peeve are the cars which have the rear indicator set within the brake light (some VW's did this) & it makes it almost impossible to spot the turn signal when the brakes are applied, it's only when they release the brake to execute the turn that you see the indicator was flashing all along...

+1 from me on this, really bugs me such crap design.
As for op's question, I quite like the sweeping indicators, they're visible and that's the main thing.

Meh on the comedy Audi indicators. Just another desperate attempt to make them seem upmarket when the truth is that these days they are tampon cars that the world and his wife now drive on lease.

Couldn't the same be said of Mercedes and BMW too, i bet nearly all newish Mercedes, Audi's and BMW's are on lease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom