Mazda RX-8 with E55 AMG Supercharged Engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark0006

Car
190e
This should be interesting.

From the article:
A fellow by the name of Nikos Tselos is spending most of his free time trying to stuff a "55 AMG" supercharged V8 engine into the shell of a blue RX-8. This Greep chap seems to have a passion for drifting and own a SEAT 124 DLS. So the result should be designed for going sideways. But no matter the outcome, he has our respect for stuffing the square cube into the round hole.

Pictures and videos in the gallery

I really admire people that have the skills and ingenuity to do things like this.

I saw a chap running an RX-7 with an LS engine at the Brighton Speed Trials a couple of years ago. Went like the wind

Nick Froome

Ironically he will probably get better mpg out of the V8 than the normal 1.3L ****el engine that was fitted at the factory :)

Lol swear filter won't allow W ankel !

Last edited:
^ I concur. I'm getting around 10mpg better from my 3L V6 than I got from my RX8. :(

Wonderful handling though, I really do miss it's handling. I think that heavy V8 will negatively affect it though. Although if it's dedicated to drifting, probably doesn't matter...

Ironically he will probably get better mpg out of the V8 than the normal 1.3L ****el engine that was fitted at the factory :)

Lol swear filter won't allow W ankel !

My C63 does better mpg than my old RX-7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom