MB could learn from Volvo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I have to say I am not a major fan of Volvo but there is a nifty idea on the XC90 (and maybe on other models) . What is it? Well, to remove the headlight, all you have to do is lift up 2 grey plastic strips and out comes the headlight. It could not be simpler. Mb along with loads of other car manufacturers ( like Vauxhall and Renault) should take note.
ps is there any chance of MB visiting this site?

MB Could Learn From Volvo.

I thought they did. They managed to make an A-Class from a V40

I have to say I am not a major fan of Volvo but there is a nifty idea on the XC90 (and maybe on other models) . What is it? Well, to remove the headlight, all you have to do is lift up 2 grey plastic strips and out comes the headlight. It could not be simpler. Mb along with loads of other car manufacturers ( like Vauxhall and Renault) should take note.
I am sure there is some benefit to them or I hope they would of changed this years ago.

I agree, on many modern cars it almost feels like it's been built around the headlights!

I'm sure they do, but take any notice? Nope

Having the joy of wrestling with the bulb mechanism in a 204 I am inclined to agree, full beam bulb is a clip in and out job, the dipped beam is a performance with little clips and tight gaps...

They are all doing that now, the last megane I had just had a mettle clip holding the lights in

Given the Megane was the first mainstream car that hit the headlines for needing the front end stripping to change a bulb it's about time.

Volvo have had some major boobs of their own, my hands bare the cuts and bruises from the previous shape v70 yesterday and ended up having to remove the ecu and air box.

from my experience of S60's the headlights are a total pita as per most car to remove the headlights, and personally i'd rather my eyeballs were held in by more than two plastic clips which will probably break as soon as you hit anything... you wouldnt want your eyeballs falling out if you tripped up and stopped quite quickly hitting the floor lol!

I used to have a 2006 Ford Mondeo that had 2 clips and the headlight comes out, agreed its a brilliant idea!

Ford employed a similar idea on the Mondeo, Pull on two metal locking strips the headlight comes out all in all a 5 second process!

In the Vectra it's a bumper off jobbie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom