MB e-class Estate W212 E350d AMG Line - Winter wheels, tyres, and snow chains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Theres been a set on eBay for a couple of weeks but they've just ended not sold. search for :-
Mercedes Benz E Class Wheels W212 A2124012102 & Pirelli Winter Tyres

Today I had a first driving on snow with these Nexens on and can confirm that these tires are great. Going uphill from standstill was not a problem at all, great on breaking and turning. I couldn’t notice any difference between these and GoodYear Vector 4 Season I had on V70 last year. Fantastic peace of winter kit and feel much more confident now going on a skiing later this month.

I have a spare tyre for this vehicle if you are interested

Why don’t you just get winter tyres ( 4 the same size)for your existing rims? As st13phil and I both do- and as he mentions above - I appreciate you haven’t got the car yet, therefore won’t have the manual to check but that is the normal way to do things...is it a W212 you’re buying? If so I can check my manual.
And....if 255/40 R18 would work I just happen to have 4 x Dunlop Wintersport 3D with only 2k of use on them in pristine condition (in tyre bags too for good measure)- I could do you a deal on them...

Don't forget, depending where OP intends to go, snow chains are mandatory on some roads in certain countries, so winter tyres might not be sufficient.

Last week we were fortunate to have a LOT of snow for our skiing holiday and the Nexens did the excellent job on packed snow, icy parts, slush and on wet and dry roads. Here is a dash cam clip for driving uphill on packed snow. I’m very pleased with the tires.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why don’t you just get winter tyres ( 4 the same size)for your existing rims? As st13phil and I both do- and as he mentions above - I appreciate you haven’t got the car yet, therefore won’t have the manual to check but that is the normal way to do things...is it a W212 you’re buying? If so I can check my manual.
And....if 255/40 R18 would work I just happen to have 4 x Dunlop Wintersport 3D with only 2k of use on them in pristine condition (in tyre bags too for good measure)- I could do you a deal on them...
Long shot - but did you ever sell these? I'd be interested...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom