MB High Milage Awards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imbck666

Car
Mercedes W124 230E Saloon (SOLD), W210 E200 (WRITTEN OFF), W210 E240 2001 Facelift, W211 E220 cdi 07
Hi,

Ive read many posts on MB high milage awards on US MB forum sites with MB basically sending Milage certificates for cars with high milage also pin badges etc..
Any idea if this exists in the Uk and how to go about it?

Thanks

You will have to be upwards of 400k miles to be in any special high mileage league - many many cars have well over 200k miles.

yea ive past hundred K recently, thats too high for me already!!

My Dad had a friend who was a driver at ICI, chauffeuring directors around in a mercedes during the 70's. His coat lapel had bronze, silver and gold Star pins awarded from MB for 250K, 500K and 1 mil miles travelled in a merc. He said when you got to 5 mil it was a platinun one! He had been driving them since the 1950's. Not the same car though!

I looked into this on the web recently. I do not think this exists in the UK now. Which is strange because MB try to push us to buy all sorts of things in their "collections". But not these awards. Tie pins and bonnet emblems come up on ebay from time to time.

Was at my local dealer a couple of weeks ago for the CLK service. They had in a 2006 E-class that had 456,000 on the clock

Was at my local dealer a couple of weeks ago for the CLK service. They had in a 2006 E-class that had 456,000 on the clock

:eek::eek:

I was told it belongs to an executive travel company. It comes in for a service every 6 weeks!

I was told it belongs to an executive travel company. It comes in for a service every 6 weeks!

Not surprised. My mechanic has a guy who does a London to Birmigham round trip everyday in his W204 C-class. He carries out an oil and filter change every 6-8 weeks too!

my old man used to do a 1,500 miles a week in the 90's and was a test of what could take it - it killed a Pug 605, Carlton and Granada, the only two that could take it were a Volvo 940 turbo and a W124. Neither broke down once, unsuprisingly the pug broke down almost monthly....

There was talk on the forums some time ago that MB UK still do the mileage award but you have to push head office for it. Something about a part number for the certificate I remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom