MB laser wheel alignment - alternatives?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
Hello all

I wanted to get wheel alignment sorted on the E500 to make sure it's dead on. I am due to replace the rear suspension bushes and arms etc. so should I wait until this is done first?

Also, MB charge £280-£320 inc VAT and anything else required - is this in line with how much it generally costs (MB Dartford) or can an indy tackle this sort of job?

Regards

Bill

Definitely wait until all suspension work has been done.

I paid MB £120 for a full geo on my CLS, which included ride height adjustments but no camber bolts. Took approx 2hrs

Sounds like you need a trip to Wheels in Motion. That price seems steep to me.

A that's expensive and B don't do it until all the suspension work done.

Wheels in Motion in Chesham are really highly recommended for MBs of this vintage. They recently set up the suspension of my 190 Cosworth 2.5 after most of the suspension was renewed and it tracked and handled beautifully. They also did my Alpina B10 after rear suspension work and charged about £100 from memory.

Last edited:
Visited my local MB dealer today for a walk around their new service facility. MB laser wheel alignment rig in place and £120 is the cost. According to the Service Manager it's the only way to go on any Mercedes model?

WIM are the guys local to you.

Center Gravity did mine and my car has been totally different to drive ever since.
Well worth the circa £250 I paid.

Yes get all bushes, bearings etc checked and changed before you have alignment done otherwise they wont be able to do what they need to.

I had my Hunter alignment done for £102.00 last week. He mentioned to me he does a lot of the same work for main dealers and showed me invoices where they paid him the same amount. I would assume they in turn charge their customers around £250.00

So just find a company with a Hunter laser alignment machine!

The tools don't get the job done right without a technician who knows what he is doing...
Trust me when I say most garages that have the equipment have only basic understanding of wheel alignment. It's a complex subject...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom