MB Shampoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickmann

Car
Porsche 911
This message is for those of us who can't spend wads on polish. :rolleyes:

I picked up the MB paint cleaner and MB Shampoo, just out of interest. The paint cleaner is pretty average, ie I can't tell any difference form any other that I've used.

The shampoo, on the other hand, is fab. Just two washes later and I'm convinced the car is darker and shinier. I've used Mequiars for ages, and the MB stuff is made by Meguiars, but is not their usual offering. It's blue and smell nice.

It claims to promote sheeting to aid drying, and it does seem to achieve this. Just rinse it off with a plain hose (no sprinker / spray attachments) then dry with a bathtowel and hey presto - v. shiny car. I didn' t even need my Hydra-blade drying thingy.

I wash my car twice a week, and wax it every month, so it's normally in good shape, but it definitely looks better for the MB shampoo, which is not bad at about £6 a bottle.

Even my Dad commented yesterday that the car was shinier than normal. (He's just received his 2004 ML270, which he ordered after one ride in the passenger seat of my 202.)

I know meguiars make the MB stuff. Could this blue MB formulation be Meguiars new NXT Car Wash?

I think they are doing free samples of NXT on the web at the moment at www.meguiars.co.uk

PS
Just had a quick look on the web and the new NXT seems to be a sort of blue colour (looking at the bottle). Cost is £12.99 for 1892ml. Do we have a positive identification? :bannana:

How does this compare with the MB price, I guess the MB stuff is in a smaller bottle?

Last edited:
I just had a look, I can't tell from their site if tis the same stuff. The MB 'version' is about 500ml at a guess.

I'm sure it won't be long before somebody tries it and can report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom