MB & SLK Meet August 19th @ Brooklands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Erkybaby

Car
Scirocco TSi
Hi All

Hope its ok to post this here.

I'm trying to organise a meet at Mercedes-Benz World Brooklands on August 19th.

This is open to all MB owners and I have posted in several MB forums.
To make life easier Im administrating the organisation in a thread over at SLKWorld.com see the link below.

http://www.slkworld.com/mb-events/3087-19th-august-meet-uk.html#post38097

It would be great to meet some new MB owners and have a fun day out.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks

We (MBClub) had a meet there earlier this year.

You'll probably get some people up for it, I'd come but we will be away then.

Good luck!

But many of us will still be in Torquay for our 3rd annual pilgrimage ;)

We (MBClub) had a meet there earlier this year.

You'll probably get some people up for it, I'd come but we will be away then.

Good luck!

How did the meet go?
Did you have any arrangements with MB World/Brooklands?
Do they cater for group meets etc?

Thanks

How did the meet go?
Did you have any arrangements with MB World/Brooklands?
Do they cater for group meets etc?

Thanks

From what I remember, watch the price of the coffee's:crazy:

Would anyone have a contact name, number or email address of someone at MB World Brooklands?

Thanks

Would anyone have a contact name, number or email address of someone at MB World Brooklands?

Thanks

See what I can find, is the date fixed, it is a shame if it clashes with another, this happened a coulple of weeks back on another, it must be worth trying to change it. I will find a name And contact if I can

See what I can find, is the date fixed, it is a shame if it clashes with another, this happened a coulple of weeks back on another, it must be worth trying to change it. I will find a name And contact if I can

Thanks Television, much appreciated.

Thanks

You need to speak to Charlotte Poole who is the Sales & Events Manager. Be warned that they mainly gear things toward corporate events and charge as such. your best bet is to arrange a cordoned off area for parking and just use the coffee shop - a tour can be arranged.

[email protected]
Tel: 01932 373700

Where do I start!!?? :D

From what I remember, watch the price of the coffee's:crazy:

You need to speak to Charlotte Poole who is the Sales & Events Manager. Be warned that they mainly gear things toward corporate events and charge as such. your best bet is to arrange a cordoned off area for parking and just use the coffee shop - a tour can be arranged.

[email protected]
Tel: 01932 373700

As GRAV and stats have pointed out they're very much geared towards corporate events rather than groups of individuals. To be fair it was early days when we headed over there 6 months or so ago, and maybe things have since changed. I offerred some feedback at the time, whether they've done anything with it I'm not sure.

However Charlotte is indeed the right person to contact, and is very very helpful.

You can read more in the link GRAV kindly posted:

However, I would suggest based on my experience:

Ask for cordonned-off group parking, but don't let them charge you for it.

Don't have a tour - it really isn't worth it. Sadly we knew more than our guide. Maybe they're more experienced now, but regardless of what they say it doesn't get you anywhere that you can't get to yourself.

Don't have a dedicated coffee station as you'll bear the cost of any coffees that have not been consumed!! Not joking. Much easier to let people get their own from the coffee shop.

Make sure your sandwich has a filling on it!! :D

Don't worry about trying to give them notice of a group arriving together to make it easier for them, as it just caused unecessary complication. Just let them deal with it when you arrive!!

HTH

Thank you Bobby Dazzler.
I will email Charlotte soon, and try to get a cordonned-off parking area.
What I need now is for more people to say they are attending then it will all be worthwhile.
Once again thank you for the great advice.

Got a response from MB World asking me on numbers attending.
Told them I'm not too sure, waiting for their reply!

19th August is good for me, Im only a few miles away from brooklands, so count me in.

19th August is good for me, Im only a few miles away from brooklands, so count me in.

Great wobbly I have added you to the list see you on the 19th August :bannana:

im interested in popping down to this G2G, anyone else thinking of going too?

A lot of us are in Torquay this weekend ;)

Wobbly, being from around the area can you recommend a nice route to go for a drive on the day?

im interested in popping down to this G2G, anyone else thinking of going too?

Unit504 I have added you to the maybe's list over at SLKWorld let me know for sure if you can make it:

http://www.slkworld.com/mb-events/3087-19th-august-meet-uk-3.html#post40821

:bannana:

Im sure I can find a route,will try and make it about 25-30 miles, covering A roads, and dual carriageways.

Im sure I can find a route,will try and make it about 25-30 miles, covering A roads, and dual carriageways.

That would be great :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom