MB UK Transport Department

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Anyone know what a car belonging this department may have been used for?

It did 12K in 7 months, so it's been used.

It will probably have been used for chauffeuring VIP's back and forth to events and airports. I did a lot of this type of work for Ford and bought a couple of cars off them when we had finished with them, usually good buys as they have been well looked after by professional drivers :thumb:

It could well be a press car so might have been thrashed a bit.

Also could of just been a pool car for people to use in milton keynes when they have work done on their own cars etc.

Either that or it's been run in at Brooklands :)

One careful owner:D

This is what bothers me - I specifically asked if it was a Brooklands car and the dealer came back to say it belonged to MB UK Transport, hence my question, and that the first service was at MB Peterborough.

It's nearly impossible to establish the exact use, and do a certain degree, does it matter? Over two years manufacturers warranty left, plus health check before being sold, plus you giving it the once over.

It'll be fine buddy.

Not sure what their ex-rental division is...

As that mileage/age is bang on the MB buyback terms.

Definition of Buyback:
Manufacturer supplies car to rental company at set price with agreed residual value plus £ penalty provisions for age/mileage over set agree term.

Manufacturer keeps name on logbook and vehicles at set term are returned back through the manufacturer network.

The vehicles are inspected upon BVRLA guidelines in terms of damage repairs/wheel refurb etc.

Once they have passed the inspection back, the vehicles are 'signed off' back to the manufacturer.

Manufacturer sells via a closed dealer auction.

Dealer has car on forecourt with vehicle that shows the manufacturer as last owner. etc

If you are in the market for one of these vehicles and do not wish to buy something that may have been an ex rental, ask the dealer for specific history and get it in writing.

: )

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I've not explained this very well.

It's an April 2010 car now at 61,000 miles.

Two owners, first owner MB UK Ltd Transport Department, second owner a company director.

It's first service was at 12,555 when the car was 7 months old, so above average mileage.

It's the press or Brooklands connection I'm worried about.

I would say you should be quite safe as the second owner has taken the risk.Study the service history for anything unusual.

I appreciate the concern but I wouldn't base my decision to buy it or not on that. My demo is 4 months old and done nearly 8500 miles so will be defleeted soon, but I would hate the future owner to worry about the mileage. If truth be known, 95% of its life its sat on the motorway ticking over at 70mph!

Its surely hard to 'thrash' these cars anyway?

Automatic it just changes up when enough is enough..

If it has a warranty / service looks right and / price is right?

What type of car is it?

I wouldn't worry too much.

It's had a 48k mile shakedown.

I would concentrate on how it's been looked after for the last 2+ years rather than it's first 7 months.

Can you get a printout of any work that has been carried out?

It's one of those itch scratching jobbies - 525bhp and all that :thumb:.

In which case I doubt very much it's been rental etc. didn't realise the age. - Probably a safe bet as you can be assured it's been looked after service wise :thumb:

I doubt you can thrash 525hp to often, there isn't enough empty road or points on your licence...

Maybe you should travel to Wales now and again :devil:

^ I do the welsh police are even worse.... good roads I agree.

Take it to the French alps I say, windows down through the tunnels :)

Seriously though although yes it would have been used.... I bet a lower powered car is thrashed more...

I see no issue with the previous owner (s)

How much meat is left on the brakes? 525 bhp is very tempting, and what goes up must come down......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom