MB Wiper Blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
Just had a call from Dealership where my car is in for a B service, informed me I require new Wiper Blades as the little dot( wear indicators )on the Blades has turned Yellow . informed them they are only 3 months old, purchased from their parts dept so shouldn't require replacing yet as they are cleaning the screen perfectly okay. Checked the little dots to find they in fact just peel off !! ;)

Kwikfit used to have a name for this sort of thing...

"Madam, your rear shock absorbers are leaking and need to be replaced."

"OK, go ahead and replace them".

"Right, madam, that's the job done; that'll be £206.38, please".

"I won't be paying for those as you fitted them 5 months ago; here's the receipt."

Ernie

the exact same thing happened with my wife at ATS. She was told her discs and pads needed replacing so she told them to go ahead and replace them but she wouldn't be paying as they had replaced them 8 months earlier. The guy from ATS said prove it, so she did in front of a room full of customers by producing the receipt. Paul

Personally, I hesitate to got to anywhere were the staff are paid partly on commission, our local nationwide repair outlet is well known for cheating loyal customers.
A friend of ours just had rear disks and pads done, how they got to £550 for an old golf is beyond me, worse still, they were changed last July at the mot.

Don't MB change the wipers as part of an A or B service? Or at least they used to?

Never in the 12yrs I had a dealership service! Not listed on the service schedule

What a nasty underhand thing to do. And that from a main dealer. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised really:(

Had the same thing at KwikFit 20 years ago on a Fiesta.

"Sir, your tyres are worn on the inside edge due to worn shocks."

"But I only swapped the tyres front to back a few days ago, and have only driven down the high street to here. Could the wear in such a short space of time?"

"Yes."

There goes another customer for life ...

Had an M3 that "needs new front discs Sir. They are 75% worn". Me. Okay I will leave till the next service. Next Service. Just an advisory Sir. Your front discs are just over 50% worn. So BMW discs actually get thicker with age and wear.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Do MB have a surfeit of wiper blades they're trying to shift? I had an A service and MoT done at MB Peterborough yesterday. They phoned to tell me that the wipers needed replacing for the MoT. They were still the original blades from when I bought the car new 5 years ago so I agreed, even though all I'd noticed with them was that they made a bit of noise. They charged me less than anywhere I could find online for the genuine MB product so I'm not complaining.

I can remember when wiper blade condition was first introduced into the MOT. I know the car so it must have been sometime in the 1980's. You can guess what happened at the first MOT after the introduction date.

Many years ago we would change just the rubber on the wiper blade as part of a "b" service and the remote batteries.

The remote batteries still get changed - I alternate my two keys between the services, to get fresh batteries :thumb:

On the subject of wiper blades - can anyone obtain an MB part number from the wiper type number?

For example, A1698201645 is a set of front wipers for W169 and w245, and consists of one 23" and one 26" wiper, types are, respectively: 097842/59884770 and 097852/59884774

I ordered a couple of A1698201745 blades, which is a rear wiper, but received a couple of 26" wipers, with type number 097832/59884766

Now, it is not practical to return these, so I would like to sell them, but need a part number to describe them correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom