MBClub UK Android Mobile APP out now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also can't find on Google Market (HTC Incredible) Any ideas Koolvin?

I've just been given a copy of Forum Runner, not sure if it was entirely legal as it's £1.69 on Google Play, and it works fine with the MBClub website.

thanks for that, is this the way it is supposed to be done? i was under the impression that i could just download it from Google play/android market.

not sure i want to run anything else (especially that i have to pay for) in connection with the App.:confused:

Something seems to have happened to the android app. I'd been happily using it for months then today it stopped working so I uninstalled it and went to Google play for a new copy but it doesn't seem to be there anymore :dk:

Last edited:
Same for me, I was using it since several months then it just blocked and disappeared. WHY :confused::confused::(:(

I find it really strange that no-one from the forum admin/site management has felt it necessary to comment on this.

Mobile access is not exactly a fringe activity nowadays - many people do a significant portion of their browsing on a smartphone - and Android is by any measure a fairly substantial platform, so why restrict access in this way?

Agree! Where are the site admins? Lost at Le Mans perhaps?
I'm missing my connection and regular shoot and fix of MBClub on my mobile :mad:

I find it really strange that no-one from the forum admin/site management has felt it necessary to comment on this.

Mobile access is not exactly a fringe activity nowadays - many people do a significant portion of their browsing on a smartphone - and Android is by any measure a fairly substantial platform, so why restrict access in this way?

Agree! Where are the site admins? Lost at Le Mans perhaps?
I'm missing my connection and regular shoot and fix of MBClub on my mobile :mad:

They did quote on another thread. Appears that the company who used to do it were bought out and then wanted oodles more dosh. I understand it is being sorted as we speak and the licences etc. are being purchased. When it is released, there will be a small charge I think

Nice to hear and hoping it will soon be available as I'm going throught withdrawal symptoms...:D

Nice to hear and hoping it will soon be available as I'm going throught withdrawal symptoms...:D

Can't you just access the normal website on your mobile?

Compared to a dedicated app or Tapatalk, forum viewing on a smartphone is very inefficient and clunky.

Yes, you can use the forum but it is slow and fiddly.

A dedicated app strips all the extraneous formatting and just delivers the juicy content optimised for a 3-5" display which, even in 2012, just isn't going to allow you to use desktop webpages without a lot of zooming & panning, pinching and prodding.

Tapatalk support (enabled at the server-level) allows pretty much the same thing but has also been removed recently, presumably for reasons of incompatibility with vBulletin mods/patches - a common problem.

Sure I can, but as mentioned it is NOT viewer friendly, small and a hassle to navigate

Can a mod explain why no Tapatalk support? I use it for most of the other focus and I hate having to use 1 app for one forum and another for another when essentially they are all the same....

Mods?

Can a mod explain why no Tapatalk support? I use it for most of the other focus and I hate having to use 1 app for one forum and another for another when essentially they are all the same....

Mods?

Explain why you purchased a Mercedes and not a BMW as essentially they are the same.

It's personal choice. Try using Forumrunner

Last edited:
Koolvin said:
Explain why you purchased a Mercedes and not a BMW as essentially they are the same.

It's personal choice. Try using Forumrunner

I think you are looking at it the wrong way, the device you use can be thought of in a similar way to the car you drive but the apps should be like the fuel you put in them. As such social media forums need to make the access open allowing users to choose there method of viewing (I know that's far easier to say than do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom