McLaren fastest in first practice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
As per the title

Hamilton clocked the fastest time in first practice in China

Surprise, surprise he had this 'double diffuser' so obviously McLaren were prepared for the appeal being dismissed in Paris but the number two McLaren is still using the original diffuser :(

Good link

Edit

Is it me or is the rear wing on the Red Bull completely redesigned

Last edited:
I have always maintained that the huge success at Ferrari was more to do with Ross Brawn as opposed to their driver, now that Ferrari have a car that is a new generation with no connections to that iconic engineer we can see just what the input was that this person had.

The Brawn race car is winning races and.............. the Ferrari has not had a podium finish and....... noi pointe NO POINTS at all this season.

The car is appearing at Shanghai minus the KERS system and they are weeks if not months away from having a modified diffuser.

Oh and how Ferrari slagged off Ross Brawn at the appeal in Paris!! How about that for showing their appreciation for what this man did for them.

Honda were just as arrogant with Valentino Rossi, they completely failed to recognise the input that one person can have on a team. Honda told Rosdsi they could still win championships without him :) Just like Ferrari can win championships with Ross Brawn

Meanwhile the Brawn car carries on :)

I think Hamilton finished second practice in 13th position and the Brawn's were back at the top :)

The Ferrari was a dog of a car and my guess is they have huge problems, the rumour squad has already started suggesting that the Brawn has far more going for it than just that rear diffuser, it is being suggested tyhat this item is only a small part of some cutting edge technology that is giving this team its advantage :)

I also see that there are far more 'Virgin' stickers on this car now that it is a proven winner :)

As per the title

Surprise, surprise he had this 'double diffuser' so obviously McLaren were prepared for the appeal being dismissed in Paris but the number two McLaren is still using the original diffuser :(

Good link

Edit

Ron Dennis has been busy in his garden shed this week then.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think it was a given that even the teams who complained about the rear diffusers had their own engineers working on one as soon as they first saw it

Its a long season and i think it would be foolish to write any of the teams off yet , could be a cracking season

I think it was a given that even the teams who complained about the rear diffusers had their own engineers working on one as soon as they first saw it

Its a long season and i think it would be foolish to write any of the teams off yet , could be a cracking season

About time too!!! This is what motorsport is all about.....

I have always maintained that the huge success at Ferrari was more to do with Ross Brawn as opposed to their driver

I partially agree - Benetton and Ferarri benefited from a very talented group of individuals who were all leaders in their respective areas - three of them being M Schumacher, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne. These guys won world championships at both operations.

So I partially agree.

As to the debate as to what's more important, the car or the driver.....hmm..

I have always maintained that the huge success at Ferrari was more to do with Ross Brawn as opposed to their driver,

I always reckoned it was a 50:50.

MS would have been WC with any of the top teams of the time. But without Ross Brawn he'd only have 3 or 4 championships at most. Similarly if Ross Brawn had been with any other top driver there would have been 3 or 4 world championships with that driver.

As per the title

Good link

Edit

Well no one can accuse me of being the hind sight king

In first pratice I was impressed with the Red Bull cars but thought their rear wing looked 'different'

By crikey it was quick :)

Poor old Mark Webber really thought he was the undisputed number one driver. it looks like he got that one slightly wrong :) good race and an excellent result.

I was also VERY impressed with Massa until the prancing horse gave up the ghost.

Come back Ross Brawn.... All is forgiven :devil::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom