Me is a bad man init bruv i own a c63 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They definitely talk some tosh on there. I've encountered worse driving from the Audi and RR school mums than anyone in an AMG :eek:

Worrying how people care that much about another car to sling it into a stereotype, lol

When I owned my C220, I was always being challenged by the Audi mob, never the BMW brigade. Usually, you drive down the road when you suddenly notice you are towing an Audi. You can even see the acne on the driver's face.

I'm not saying that bell ends don't drive C63's. It's bound to happen. If you want a powerful car, you don't buy a Fiesta, even in ST form, because it is not that powerful. The big engined cars are going to attract all sorts of attention, some of it good and some of it bad.

In my driving experience, most of the bell ends prefer the high end Audi's. I'm not saying that all Audi drivers are bell ends, as some are quite responsible drivers, but the brand does seem to attract idiots who think the Audi badge is the be all and end all.

Mind you, I recently got challenged by a joke driving a C220. Tailgated me because I had the bigger car, and he wanted to prove that his 2.1 litre diesel engine was much more powerful than my winy little 3.0 litre diesel V6.

Nobs come in all shapes and sizes, and they drive anything from a Fiesta to an Aston Martin.

I remember way back when I had a 2.0 litre Sierra GL. Poodling down the motorway in the inside lane doing 70mph, this Mini overtook my, pulled in to the nearside lane, then slowed down to 60mph. I overtook it again, and again it overtook me, pulled in then slowed down to 60mph. It became frustrating when the bell end did it for the third time, so I ended up overtaking him and leaving him standing while accelerating to over 100mph.

In those days, speed cameras were unheard of, and the only speed enforcement was VASCAR, so it was a safe bet, but having something like that is annoying, and the only way to escape it is to put your foot down, or slow down and back off. I chose the former because I needed to get to work.

Even today, I see evidence of stupidity. Coming back from Nottingham, a heavy load was crawling up a hill, and two lads in a Clio were sitting in the outside lane on his tail obstructing all traffic from overtaking this crawler. When the two lanes merged back in to one, they blissfully pulled back in the left hand land knowing that they had caused a massive tailback of traffic that couldn't pass.

There is also a video clip on the internet showing two drivers side by side on a dual carriage way driving at thirty mph just to obstruct all the vehicles behind them.

I'm glad I have a powerful car. That power can get you out of trouble.

I suppose that it depends upon where you live.

@ TheFox- I'd rather pull over and let them pass. Much better to be in a position to watch them closely to stay out of trouble, giving them space to make the inevitable mistake well away from you than have them ram into the back of you because their red mist is blinding their judgement. Besides, life's too short to waste it on idiots.

I have only, knowingly, seen one C63 'in the flesh' so have formed my opinion on those that own them from their comments on this forum.

I have only, knowingly, seen one C63 'in the flesh' so have formed my opinion on those that own them from their comments on this forum.

I suppose on that basis the NON C63 owners on the forum are boring, cheapskate, opinionated, jealous individuals then.

Does that sound daft? Course it does so why does everyone on here slate each other's cars? Usually more strongly from the non AMG camp I have to say.

In any case mine is up for sale. The M car forum and social that comes with it is far more welcoming and less petty.

I suppose on that basis the NON C63 owners on the forum are boring, cheapskate, opinionated, jealous individuals then.

Does that sound daft? Course it does so why does everyone on here slate each other's cars? Usually more strongly from the non AMG camp I have to say.

In any case mine is up for sale. The M car forum and social that comes with it is far more welcoming and less petty.
A couple of bad experiences don't mean it's all the same stu.

lewyboy said:

And that opinion is?

'Drum roll'......

Bell end driving can be applied across all makes and models and can affect even non-bell-end drivers on occasions.

As I exited the M40 Services the other night (heading south on the M40) I was almost - and I do mean almost, collected by an SLS that was exhibiting bell-end driving of the highest degree. It was an absolutely stunning car that almost mated with my drivers side. Had it done so? I imagine a very serious impact. Entering a roundabout at race track speed when you cannot see what is already on the roundabout and cannot stop is not good. You are relying on others to take avoiding action. I did. My pants are clean now, thanks for asking.

Yes I was already on the roundabout when captain fast appeared on my right with his eyes on slinky springs as he became aware of my presence. I was able to pull left and accelerate to the left of the car in front of me.

To give an indication of speed I noted the squealing of tyres as you went behind me into the space that would not have been there had I not managed to move.

Not funny.

Yes I know you give way to traffic on your right!! This assumes that you can actually see the traffic on your right in the first instance and that the traffic on your right is not travelling at race speed on a public road and a blind (To them) roundabout

Last edited:
Bell end driving can be applied across all makes and models and can affect even non-bell-end drivers on occasions.

As I exited the M40 Services the other night (heading south on the M40) I was almost - and I do mean almost, collected by an SLS that was exhibiting bell-end driving of the highest degree. It was an absolutely stunning car that almost mated with my drivers side. Had it done so? I imagine a very serious impact. Entering a roundabout at race track speed when you cannot see what is already on the roundabout and cannot stop is not good. You are relying on others to take avoiding action. I did. My pants are clean now, thanks for asking.

Yes I was already on the roundabout when captain fast appeared on my right with his eyes on slinky springs as he became aware of my presence. I was able to pull left and accelerate to the left of the car in front of me.

To give an indication of speed I noted the squealing of tyres as you went behind me into the space that would not have been there had I not managed to move.

Not funny.

There's always one...

@ TheFox- I'd rather pull over and let them pass. Much better to be in a position to watch them closely to stay out of trouble, giving them space to make the inevitable mistake well away from you than have them ram into the back of you because their red mist is blinding their judgement. Besides, life's too short to waste it on idiots.

If they genuinely want to overtake me, I do pull in as far left as possible. After all, let them take their wrath out on someone else. My issue is with those who have no intention of overtaking. They just enjoy tailgating you, trying to make you go faster and faster.

Mind you, those who pepperpot are annoying as well. They know that they are in a queue of moving traffic, but they will still overtake the car in front, then pull in forcing the car they have just overtaken to abruptly brake. I had a it a few months back when a car overtook several vehicles then pulled in in front of me, braking hard and forcing me to perform an emergency stop almost.

Many years back, I had a taxi follow me down the road, sitting on my rear bumper, while I was doing 40mph in a 40mph zone. My simple tactic was to take my foot off the accelerator until he finally realised that backing off would see me accelerate back up to 40mph. He kept his distance at that point.

With all the 'Cash for Crash' scams going on, it is prudent to keep your distance from the car in front anyway.

Even though my 3.0 litre diesel isn't quite as quick as a 6.2 litre petrol, it is still considerably faster than most other road going vehicles, but even I drive it with a light foot. Too many idiots who don't bother to use those two orbs stuck in the front of their skulls for my liking.

(Yes, I got taken out by a young lady who pulled out of side road without bothering to look. Almost got me killed, that did.)

Have you made an assumption about me there Stu?

Wasssup Stu? Haven't seen anything unwelcoming lately, especially towards you?

Wasssup Stu? Haven't seen anything unwelcoming lately, especially towards you?

Was all your fault Roger!:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom