Media Interface Cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisdean

Car
W205 C200 AMG Line Premium
I've got a 2011 C Class with Comand Online and I've only got an ipod cable and I am missing the other two. I am trying to get the unit to read a 500gb hard drive but it doesn't appear when plugged into the basic USB socket although USB sticks play fine from there. Do I need to buy the Media interface/USB cable so I can plug into the other socket, the one that takes the ipod lead or is a 500gb drive beyond its capabilities?

From what I gather there have been three versions of NTG4.5, the earliest, mine, with no choice of colour scheme just papyrus. Version 2 with a Silver/Red colour scheme option and version 3 with different hardware but better internet connectivity. Is an upgrade from v1 to v2 available?

Is the HDD formatted correctly?

I know that most stuff I use, like my satellite system, expects a drive (USB Sticks included) to be formatted in FAT32, though not sure how COMAND sees things?

May be worth a try if it's a blank drive or you can back it up somewhere whilst you do it?

I'll double check but I'm fairly certain that I tried Fat32. I'm just trying to avoid spending on a cable until I can be sure it's what I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom