Members & their cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hate new car hand-overs, they are so false. Once the salesman took me on a guided tour of the dealership before giving me the keys...made me late for an appointment.

God job he introduced me to the Service Dept though, we were soon on 1st name terms...

I prefer the "sign this bit of paper and here's your keys approach"

When I bought the current car the flowers for Mrs DM just got chucked into the boot before driving off...at least she got them straight away...
I was OK with the salesman doing his bit, and shaking hands with him at least reassured me that his fingers weren't crossed on both hands! What I struggled a bit more with was having to wait while the boss came over to chat too - gave me all the "Come straight back to us if there's anything wrong" spiel - like I'm going to do nothing in those circumstances!

Actually the handover was far more pleasant than the last time I bought a new car. The Peugeot salesman spent nearly a whole minute going through the controls before dashing off and leaving me with the sparkling new lump of metal with a thimble-full of petrol in the tank!

Mrs KE was at work so didn't attend the C350 handover; her flowers went straight in the boot too. But she was delighted with them.

Two cars one the same plate? Didn't they use trade plates?
I worked for a dealer (various sports & prestige) for a few years, doing a lot of driving. We had 2 sets of trade plates between us and the only time I ever used them was when taking new cars to be checked over by the DVLA before they were first registered. The worry is the thousands of illegal miles I managed to cover without ever being found out! If I could do it then so could everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom