Members with Star Diagnostics?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JameSlk

Car
2008 SLK200
Hi there,

Just wondering if any members, particularly in the Essex area, have the Star diagnostic equipment? Reason I ask is because I would like to enable Xenon headlamp option before I fit a HID kit.

Many thanks,
James

You can try a guy i have used called Kieth he has the Star system his number is 07900 252479 he is based in Hornchurch Essex.

Star may read your aftermarket kit as a malfunction?

As above.

Also, the original Xenon pack would include suspension level sensor and headlight washer system.

Unless these are retrofitted as well, you may end us with permanent error message on the dash after enabling the Xenon option with Star.

James more details on what you are trying to fit

as markjay pointed out, its not just a case of switching xenon on, if the levelling is not in place it will error.

James, you don't need to enable anything. Just fit the kit.

If it's anything like mine

You'll get errors regarding certain bulbs being out (even though with the kit, they are on and working)

On STAR telling the car Xenons=On (or Present) will get rid of one, this basically tells the car xenons are present in a car which has the option, yours might not have. The kit I used had included manufacturer wiring so after this was done the car simply needed this option 'ticked' on STAR

The rest of the dash errors can also be cleared with STAR

As far as I know it's also illegal to have Xenons without headlamp wash as it's an MOT failure! As people have already said you will get errors due to height sensors not fitted as Xenons can't be adjusted on the dash like normal lights..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BIG UN said:
As far as I know it's also illegal to have Xenons without headlamp wash as it's an MOT failure! As people have already said you will get errors due to height sensors not fitted as Xenons can't be adjusted on the dash like normal lights.. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Illegal only if fitted from factory and not working properly

For example, it has levelling and washers, past owner fitted halogens and took xenons out and the previous two items don't work

If an owner fits HID's or retrofits xenons from another model, there's no legal requirement to fit washers and levelling etc. The only requirement would be that they are at the correct level (can be adjusted manually) and that they are fitted within the correct projector housings

As far as I know it's also illegal to have Xenons without headlamp wash as it's an MOT failure! As people have already said you will get errors due to height sensors not fitted as Xenons can't be adjusted on the dash like normal lights..

Standard merc headlamps are worse than candles.

I stand corrected...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom