mercedes 500 sl w107 hardtop ice blue lady owner private plate air con leather 2+2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I rather think he's right about the 'unbelievable special ebay price!!'.

"KVG 545 kavanagh SAS SOS is ultra rare no plate valued at 5k"

Just WTF is he on about? Lunatic...

i know the owners dealers all over them offers over 7k btw

Well there is at least one bit of the ad that is honest.

"offered at unbelievable special ebay price!!"

bruce it is rare with leather 2+2 and 102k miles n aircon n in ice blue

will sell with the plate at over 7k without mot even but with the plate btw

Price is not outrageous for an R107 500SL, maybe pulling it out of storage, giving it a wash and taking better pictures would generate more interest and less criticism.

If it's a nice car , it will sell if it's well presented and represented.

Best of luck in the sale.

Price is not outrageous for an R107 500SL, maybe pulling it out of storage, giving it a wash and taking better pictures would generate more interest and less criticism.

If it's a nice car , it will sell if it's well presented and represented.

Best of luck in the sale.

i repeat myself trade offers over 7k from collectors

Interestingly marketed: If you BIN at full (8k) price, it'll come with fresh MOT. Looking at the pictures, and the time they suggest since last it was driven, there would seem to be a fair chance that getting the certificate will cost quite a bit!?

I guess all the owner really needs is a guy called Kavanagh based in Hereford (sometimes)...

Last edited:
If I were interested I think I would ask that the MOT was carried out at a place of my choice ;-)

dinoy said:
i know the owners dealers all over them offers over 7k btw

Did you write the advert for them Dinoy?

A neglected SL, just search the forum for the stories. KVG 5 as a reg is available for £5995 the "translation" of KVG545 into what is suggested is optimistic in the extreme as is the perceived value me thinks. It hasn't has an mot since May 2015.

If the trade are buying at that price take it

Last MOT was may 2015 with the following advisories

Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)
Steering box has a slight oil leak (2.2.D.2e)
Offside Front Drag link end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)
adv all 4 tyres perished

KVG 545 = kavanagh SAS??

Even if I add 20 screws, squint, put on 3 pairs of glasses and picture it in my head it still doesn't work

Last edited:
Closer look at the mot history shows that from May 2008 to May 2014 it was off the road which would help validate the interior and exterior condition. Keep squinting Bob........

Without hijacking the thread, I'm very puzzled about what people are willing to pay for a private plate. I owned two cars that I put these plates on. I only paid a couple of hundred dollars for the plate (if that) and novelty wore quickly.

IMGP0278.jpg

Without hijacking the thread, I'm very puzzled about what people are willing to pay for a private plate. I owned two cars that I put these plates on. I only paid a couple of hundred dollars for the plate (if that) and novelty wore quickly.

IMGP0278.jpg

most expensive avail if f1 sold in dvla auction for 500k now 8 million asked of berine he offer 4m i believe they should take it

in the uk no plates r status symbol n hide car age n consider alternative investment to property classic car etc

nice 500 slc btw if the plate is the indicator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom