Mercedes B-Class - cd autochanger in glove box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dbonyad

Hi,

I just bought a 56 Mercedes B Class.

It has a 4 CD changer in the glove box (and one CD on the centre console).

However, I'm unsure how to play CDs using CD changer. When I press the CDC button on the console, it says "No CDC".

I've tried holding it down and it then says "Aux input active".

Does anyone know how I should try playing the CDs in the changer - there are no buttons on it that I can find except the eject buttons for each CD.

I think it works since I saw the previous owner using it.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Davood

Welcome

The OEM changer is a 6 disc changer(well at least the current one & I believe older ones were too) & indeed has no buttons except eject.
Don't hold the CDC button down- you don't want the aux input, unless it is non oem changer- this is for ipods etc.
Do you have any discs in the changer?
If still not working, you may have loose wiring or faulty changer
The previous owner may have been using the head unit CD drive to play discs when you had the demo?

You should be able to select CDC & then disc will start playing automatically & you can select the different discs using number pad, if all working well.

the thing you see could be just a cd holder and not a changer (6cd), have u tried to eject, insert any cds in the changer

Thanks for the responses.

I think the CD changer is non-OEM, since it's only a 5 changer not 6. That's why I was trying AUX in.

I was thinking that it could be a CD holder, but it is rather big and each bay is quite bulky - the right size for an actual player.

When pressing CDC, it says "No CDC".

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for the responses.

I think the CD changer is non-OEM, since it's only a 5 changer not 6. That's why I was trying AUX in.

I was thinking that it could be a CD holder, but it is rather big and each bay is quite bulky - the right size for an actual player.

When pressing CDC, it says "No CDC".

Does anyone have any other ideas?

May I suggest a pic of it? Will assist in finding help

The issue here is its not a CD changer, its just a CD Holder which was standard fit on these cars. The holder looks like this:
8x8pyc.jpg

RE: CDs

I see. I don't really know much about these things, so thanks for your help!

I see. I don't really know much about these things, so thanks for your help!

Hey, we all have senior moments! How many times have I gone back into the house to find my phone when all the time is stuck to my ear as I am speaking to someone? :crazy:

Come on you lot, 'fess up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom