Mercedes-Benz Alarms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baron_Samedi

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK200K
I was wondering why Mercedes don't have an LED somewhere to let you know that the alarm is enabled.

Is my car broken or do Mercedes have a reason for not giving the visual indication of a set alarm?

They normally do, it depends on the model & age of car.

IIRC on our W203 it flashes where the central locking button is on the centre console. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that it does flash when the car is locked.

Hi,
on a 209 the light that indicates the alarm functioning is on the top row of buttons with the little picture of your car being towed - the one you would press to deactivate the movement sensor if it was being stolen - sorry, I mean recovered.

My 2004 W203 also has a red flashing LED on the dash to indicate car locked/alarm enabled.

Hi,
on a 209 the light that indicates the alarm functioning is on the top row of buttons with the little picture of your car being towed - the one you would press to deactivate the movement sensor if it was being stolen - sorry, I mean recovered.

Cheers, I was pretty sure that it flashed. I just had it in mind it was the locking button not the movement sensor de-activiation one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom