Mercedes Benz ASSYST Service W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sooty_uk

Car
CLK W209 220 CDi Avantgarde
Right the time has almost come for a service on my CLK and it will be the first that that I am getting it serviced as the current owner.

The car is a 2005 model and has 42,000 miles on it and has always been serviced at a main dealer.

The last service was done 31,489 miles on 4th October 2010 and it had an ASSYST Service B with the engine oil & filter, brake fluid, fuel filter & air cleaner replaced.

The car will be asking for an ASSYST service A in about 1,000 miles time.
My question is that even though it needs a minor server I have checked the schedule and it says that I should also get the following done in addition:
- Auto fluid change (needs doing at 40,000 miles)
- Active charcoal filter replaced (if more than 40,000)
- Fuel Filter (if more than 40,000)
- Brake fluid change (every 2 years)
- Coolant change (every 3 years)

Now do I really need to do ALL of the above for a MINOR service?

1. I called Mercedes and they said that on their schedule it does NOT show the auto fluid change for my car is due yet so I probably wont have to have it done (cost £275 but they would do it for £200)
2. The brake fluid was changed on the last service but as it is almost 2 years since the last service should I get it done now or wait until the next service.
3. Although my car is a 2005 model I can't see that the coolant has been changed so I guess I should have this done?

Sorry about my essay of a question!

I was going to go to Mercedes to get it serviced but if all the above needs doing I won't bother as it will cost a fortune considering the age of my car.

Service ASSYST PLUS, 2003-2007
The majority of models produced between 2003 and 2007 were equipped with Service ASSYST PLUS. This is also a variable service schedule alternating from A to H service, with the letters indicating how much time and work will be expected to be conducted. A indicates a routine service and H would indicate a more in-depth service.

Above is the system you have.

Mercedes-Benz ESS will show what should be done on the next service but this all depends on what has been done on the previous services.

If you service book says the interval for auto flud and fuel filter is 40k then yes it should be done.

If I were you id get the transmission fluid done and do the brake fluid next year.
Or go to an indie and get it all done for a lot less.

Mercedes-Benz ESS will show what should be done on the next service but this all depends on what has been done on the previous services.

This was really helpful thanks... Still need to have the fluids done in addition to what it recommends I think.

If I were you id get the transmission fluid done and do the brake fluid next year.
Or go to an indie and get it all done for a lot less.

Cheers that's what I was thinking.
Mercedes wanted £205 for the service and £275 for the auto fluid and filter change when it got to that amount I did't bother asking about the rest lol

They said I could get the service for £195 and the auto stuff for £200 if I booked today.

If I had a newer car I would stick to a main dealer but not sure if it is worth it considering the age of my car.

I will get a few quotes from some Independents.

I got a quote the other day from a generic garage and they wanted £120 for the following:
- Oil change (fully synth)
- Oil filter change
- Fuel filter
- Air filter
- Pollen filter
I will find out how much extra for the rest / cut and change according to the schedule.

I will also try and find a good local independent... It's my first Mercedes and I am use to VAG cars were I knew the schedule inside out off my head.

I'm a complete idiot!

I should have read the (since last change) part in the service schedule!
And the coolant is every 155,000 miles or 15 years for the CLK.
I thought it was a lot of work the be done.

Right so all I need is a Service A with:
- Automatic transmission oil and filter change
- Active Charcoal filter change (pollen / cabin)

It's going to be cheaper than I though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom