Mercedes-Benz S 600 Pullman Guard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Mercedes-Benz S 600 Pullman Guard​

First announced early last year, Mercedes-Benz special-protection unit is commemorating its 80th anniversary with the market launch of the new S 600 Pullman Guard limousine. With heads of state, royalty and industry tycoons from all over the globe making up the client list, Mercedes has provided 5 generations of prestigious luxury limousines offering the highest levels of protection.

This newest Pullman limousine is built on the basis of the S 600. It is powered by the 5.5-liter V12 biturbo with an output of 517 hp/380 kW and 830 Nm of torque. Engineered to a B6/B7 protection rating, its armour resists military-standard small-arms projectiles and provides protection against fragments from hand grenades and other explosive charges. Additional safety features include run-flat tyres, a self-sealing fuel tank and a fire-extinguishing system.

The Pullman Guard limousine follows an integrated security concept which means, rather than retro-fitting the protective elements in the doors, rear wall, side panels, roof lining and firewall etc. of an already finished vehicle, they fully integrate them into the body shell in a dedicated production process resulting in a protection barrier of armour around the entire passenger cell. Furthermore, the integrated protective features actually reinforce the body structure rather than exert extra structural strain.

In addition to its S-Guard line-up, Mercedes-Benz also offers E-Guard and G-Guard special-protection vehicles.

9080923.005.Mini1L.jpg

9080923.005.1L.jpg

9080923.005.Mini9L.jpg

9080923.005.Mini11L.jpg

9080923.005.Mini19L.jpg

9080923.005.Mini10L.jpg

9080923.005.Mini14L.jpg

9080923.005.Mini13L.jpg

I want his job, a Mercedes-Benz sniper :)
9080923.005.Mini16L.jpg

Robbed from World Car Fans, Expect Dragon to post this same artical in a day or so without searching 1st ;)

Last edited:
Looks like a superb piece of engineering.

Over at Mercedes-Benz World, they've got some S-class 'Guard' doors and door glass, one of them shows the results of ballistics testing.

Quite impressive cars :cool:

Will

I doubt cost is even a factor, they are destin for heads of state!

Do the middle doors open, or are they welded in :confused:

that is just bad@$$. But i'm sure if a tank came along it wouldn't stand a chance of survival ;) (i'm guessing its not used for deep warfare transport, but more like transport for potential assassination targets?).

thats where the 'door' panel goes, but i dont think its actually and opening door - windows probably open though

You knew it was coming!

Attachments

• sdSguard.jpg
    sdSguard.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 141
This one also also made me think it might be a middle door

9080923.005.Mini11L.jpg

I used to work for a Company who made Bullet proof cars in the late 70s early 80s.

In those days it was the 450 SEL 6.9 that we armoured also Range Rovers we had an order for six large Fiat Saloons for Italy

Protected with Ceramics and Kevlar much lighter than armoured plate the Glass came from Goodyear. Lots of goodies Grenade launches Satellite communications etc, very high tech in those days very interesting.

My job was to pick up the standard SEL from a dealer in Germany/Austria bring it back to the UK then deliver it to the customer Armoured.

Last edited:
There is a window open/close switch on that panel! :)

...but no door handle! You'll just have to wait for the stretch version to come out for the extra doors.

There is a window open/close switch on that panel! :)

Will more likely be a blind open/close button. As already stated, the middle door isn't a door at all. All rear passengers exit from the massive rear doors!

You'd have thought from that range , he could have got a central shot . ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom