Mercedes C Class W204 Sport Blue Eff Noisy on 65mh +

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zahoor86

Car
mercedes c class 2011 sport
Hi,

can anyone advise if the noise of the engine getting louder as speed increases is normal on my C class 2011 sport blue eff. when the speed hits 65mph or near 70 mph the car is very noisy.

Thanks

Zahoor

Last edited:
Yep engines do get louder as you go faster. Mine is phenomenol at full chat!

it sounds like some sport sound and gets louder and louder especially around 65-70 mph. once the vehicle goes above 70MPH the sound decreases or smoothens. I did expect it to be smooth in sound. so I believe this is something common in C Class Sports W204 ?

it sounds like some sport sound and gets louder and louder especially around 65-70 mph. once the vehicle goes above 70MPH the sound decreases or smoothens. I did expect it to be smooth in sound. so I believe this is something common in C Class Sports W204 ?

Exhaust blowing.?

Put a video up

Stuart another question please would you know how we change the assist plus for next service due display as my one currently shows the amount of days remaining where as before it showed the exact miles remaining

on local run it sounds perfectly normal its only when hitting the motorway the car gets noisy when hitting 60+. when going above 70 MPH the noise decreases.

Stuart another question please would you know how we change the assist plus for next service due display as my one currently shows the amount of days remaining where as before it showed the exact miles remaining

This I don't know but I think if you get the miles/days remaining up and click ok on steering wheel it gives option to reset? Not sure though :(

Hi,

can anyone advise if the noise of the engine getting louder as speed increases is normal on my C class 2011 sport blue eff. when the speed hits 65mph or near 70 mph the car is very noisy.

It's probably the exhaust sound generator which is standard on the sport model.

on local run it sounds perfectly normal its only when hitting the motorway the car gets noisy when hitting 60+. when going above 70 MPH the noise decreases.

Is it because the auto box revs to build speed then it changes into gear 7 once you've stopped accelerating

thanks allot everyone much appreciated

The on board computer does this calculation for you.

It all depends on how you use the car. If you do a lot of daily miles, then it senses and changes to exact miles before service.

If you do not do a lot of mileage, then it calculate days.

Seeing that service interval are days or mileage accrued, whichever comes first.

You can't change it in Assistplus.

Depends on whether you are driving in C or S mode.

If you are in C mode, it may be that the gearbox has learnt your way of driving and accelerating in high gears rather than lower gears, hence the louder noise.

Does the sound correlate with the RPM increase? if so, its normal.
If not, may be the transmission.

tyres are fine. the sound seems to be like a sporty exhaust sound which increases on high speed especially when the vehicle is travelling at 60-65. on local run the sound is silent. I was assuming it would be the sport sound but it is so annoying when doing long journeys sound like the exhaust is blown.

tyres are fine. the sound seems to be like a sporty exhaust sound which increases on high speed especially when the vehicle is travelling at 60-65. on local run the sound is silent. I was assuming it would be the sport sound but it is so annoying when doing long journeys sound like the exhaust is blown.

You sir have bought a petrol ;)

The W204 petrol SE models are exceptional quiet at motorway speeds so maybe you could substitute the relevant part of the exhaust.

For equivalent engines I would think the exhausts were the same, whether SE, Elegance or sport etc.

I have a c class 2011 c180 CGI BLUE EFF and it's silent at all speeds unless your raggin it. It's the quietest motorway car Iv ever had so sounds like something wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom