Mercedes clk Headlight polishing kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

As per title, can anyone recommend a kit to polish my xeon headlights which has gone slightly cloudy?

Scott

I finally got round to polishing the CLK headlights with the 3M restoration kit today. What a massive difference - well worth the £25 I paid.

I would suggest anyone who has misty lights get on it. Very easy to do and took about 25 mins each side. All you need is a power drill and knee pads!

Scotty

I thought any polish would have worked really, but make sure you protect it with UV film or they will become cloudy very very soon again.

I thought any polish would have worked really, but make sure you protect it with UV film or they will become cloudy very very soon again.

Thanks amo. What kind of film do I need them?

Gonna give mine ago, one side looks a bit cloudy than the other side annoying me, can you wax the lens or is it better to spray clear lacquer on them? As wax only last so long....
Glad yours went well

Gonna give mine ago, one side looks a bit cloudy than the other side annoying me, can you wax the lens or is it better to spray clear lacquer on them? As wax only last so long....
Glad yours went well

No idea if wax will last. I have ordered some if the 3M protective film as above as I'm not sure I like the idea of painting them - incase i make an **** of it. At least the film can come off.

This is great to know. Same issue with my CLK. Tried the toothpaste job, works for a while but it's not a permanent fix. Will give this a try!

I did my CLK55 not that long ago. Its well worth spending some time. Looks a million times better than the yellowy crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom