Mercedes CLS 320cdi 2006 vibrating help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 132794

Hi Guys,

new to the forum and a new Mercedes owner I have recently picked up a 2006 CLS 320cdi.

It has now incurred a problem on start up and at low speeds. The car shakes violently which feels like its coming from the front left hand side then through the gearbox. Also to add yesterday the car had loss off power which i can only describe as limp mode but there were no warning lights on, Turning the car off and on rectified this.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Charlie

Failed engine mount?

I had one go on my 2005 211.

It felt like it was running a bit rough.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I did think this but would this have put the car into limp mode?

also turning the car off and on can cure the issue.

Strange ey?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I did think this but would this have put the car into limp mode?

also turning the car off and on can cure the issue.

Strange ey?

Ah. Didn't realise the vibration stopped if you turned it on and off again. In that case not the engine mount.

For future reference the mounts can let go. When it happened to be it felt like a coil pack or two had gone. But in your case, no.

just took it for a quick spin and it seems that it only happens at idle and when slowing down

so I have put the car into Drive held the brake and reved the engine which lifts in 1 corner so I suspect what you said about the engine mounts are probably right. Would this cause the vibration through the car?

Also any idea how much they would be to change?

so I have put the car into Drive held the brake and reved the engine which lifts in 1 corner so I suspect what you said about the engine mounts are probably right. Would this cause the vibration through the car?

Also any idea how much they would be to change?

Failed engine mounts will transmit vibrations through the car.

IIRC it was £90 fitted at an indie.

They just jack up the engine, remove the old one, slap on the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom