Mercedes CLS error codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redhammer999

Car
Mercedes cls320
Hi Guys,

I having recently bought a mercedes CLS from 2006 plugged my code reader into it. It's a fairly generic bit of code reader and doesn't do anything too fancy I don't reckon.

I get a total of three errors when I run a DTC scan.

Attached images.
Can you tell me if this is a really big problem and needs fixing ASAP?

Attachments

• IMG_3138[1].jpg
    IMG_3138[1].jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3139[1].jpg
    IMG_3139[1].jpg
    211 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3140[1].jpg
    IMG_3140[1].jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 37
Its a lambda/O2 sensor, quite common.

aka$h said:
Its a lambda/O2 sensor, quite common.

Ok. Should I avoid driving the car until get it fixed? Thanks in advance..

So, can anyone advise if I should get this replaced or not? It's not coming up as a warning light on dash but when I use my code reader it comes up.

I could clear the code and then see if it comes back at all? Any suggestions please

First of all, clear the code. Drive the car as normal and see if it comes back (suspect it will).

If the code comes back, it's most likely a good idea to replace the O2/Lambda sensor in general. They can cause anything from poor running to poor MPG, in the short term at least it wont cause any major harm. Car do tend to lunch on o2 sensors.

First of all, clear the code. Drive the car as normal and see if it comes back (suspect it will).

If the code comes back, it's most likely a good idea to replace the O2/Lambda sensor in general. They can cause anything from poor running to poor MPG, in the short term at least it wont cause any major harm. Car do tend to lunch on o2 sensors.

Thanks for the suggestion. Cleared and awaiting it coming back or not.

Can I ask what code reader you are using? I've got two different types of code reading software on my laptop and neither can connect to my CLS so I'm looking to go down the hand held route.

Can I ask what code reader you are using? I've got two different types of code reading software on my laptop and neither can connect to my CLS so I'm looking to go down the hand held route.

Hi Johnny,

Sorry for late reply..
I bought this one off of ebay for £18.

D900 Any car OBD2 EOBD CAN Fault Code Reader Scanner diagnostic scan tool UK

Now, from my experience with it so far it is 50/50. My reasoning. Yes it picked up my lambda o2 sensor problem, however it doesnt pickup my TPMS error (which is displaying on the dashboard). I'll let you judge it, I mean for me I think it works for engine stuff only really? Could be wrong though.

Ok. Should I avoid driving the car until get it fixed? Thanks in advance..

Most of these sensors have a heater as well as the O2 sensing gubbins (4 cores of wiring to each sensor). My wife's RAV had this fail a few times but if it is only the heater part, which operates during engine warm up (emissions etc I expect) don't worry about it. If the O2 sensor bit has failed also it may affect fuel consumption a bit because the car will default to some 'failsafe' value but it should not affect day to day running other than this. Easy to fix but you'll need a slotted socket to allow the cable of the sensor thro'.

Hi Johnny,

Sorry for late reply..
I bought this one off of ebay for £18.

D900 Any car OBD2 EOBD CAN Fault Code Reader Scanner diagnostic scan tool UK

Now, from my experience with it so far it is 50/50. My reasoning. Yes it picked up my lambda o2 sensor problem, however it doesnt pickup my TPMS error (which is displaying on the dashboard). I'll let you judge it, I mean for me I think it works for engine stuff only really? Could be wrong though.

Thanks for the info :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom