Mercedes crash tests.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
Found this posted on another site.
I'd rather be in the W140 than the white golf..
W140_Golf2.jpg

janner said:

:D :D I'd rather be watching ;)

When my wife was driving our old 210 around a mini roundabout a little Puegot (should have called it a Ford ;) ) drove straight into the passenger side of it. Such was the damage to the French car (still can't spell Puegot) it was wrote off. Both nearside passenger doors on our car still opened and closed!! Amazing and my wife and daughter were not injured.

If you have to be in an accident then we are in the right brand of vehicle. (An Actros might be preferable though)

Regards,
John the Puegeot speller

janner said:
Found this posted on another site.
W140_Golf2.jpg

I once had a protracted argument with my cousin when I was about 13 y.o. He tried to convince me that no company would ever crash cars on purpose because that would be a waste of money.

Many years later I learned that 90% of those cars are new and so they are excellent materials for dismantlers who can make good use of the undamaged parts.

Years after that I came to know that the reason why my neighbour had so many cars in his driveway with bog patches on them was that he did the filling, his friend did the straightening and someone else did the painting.

The 5 stop production line could more or less turn a wreck into a saleable car. Putting an end to the myth that crash test cars cant be put back on the road.

So in that sense .... maybe my cousin was right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom