Mercedes e280 sport advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geordiemick

Car
Mercedes C320cdi
Hi all,

I have just joined forum as maybe buying a 2006 Mercedes e class 280 sport and would like any advice what I should be looking for.

I currently drive a 2007 modified honda civic type r and thinks it time I grow up and drive a more sensible car.

The Mercedes has 80000 miles which is normally way to high an amount which I normally go for but it has a full merc service history.

Any comments If I'm doing the right thing would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mick

Hello and welcome.

80k is fine as long as it has been maintained and serviced.

I would look for one with Comand (big screen sat nav). Also try and get one with a few options as you said you are growing up, so might as well enjoy some luxury toys.

- Heated seats is a must for those cold days.
- Keyless Go is optional but if you can find one then it make owning a Mercedes more wow.
- There are loads more.

I have been through a number of Hondas my self before I moved on.

Make sure it's a facelift (June '06 onwards) and therefore doesn't have SBC brakes. If it's a Sport is should be, but there are whispers and rumours of some "hybrid" cars around the facelift point.

If it's been looked after, 80k is delivery mileage. My car's on 130k and just loosening up nicely.

Hi and welcome!

As mentioned, try and go for a car without SBC (so the facelift). The facelift also looks a lot better.

Make sure you check out each of the service 'stamps' if it has a service book. Call a friendly dealer, Inchcape Coventry are very good, and ask them to look up the registration and let you know what was done at each service.

Check out the front suspension, ball joints are prone to failing so make sure these are in good order.

I have a 2009 E320 Sport and it is fantastic. It's done 84k and doesn't show it at all. Try and get one with a few toys on, pan roof, heated seats and Nav are probably the best three to have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom