Mercedes in fatal accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tali

MB Enthusiast
Car
qashqai
Sadly the driver died- doing some serious damage to the S320- must have been doing some speed .Odd, that he hit a Mini, whose occupants survived.

image3JPG.jpg

Man killed outside Manchester United's Old Trafford was dad Luke Campbell - CapitalBay

Probably the secondary collision was the fatal one.

Probably the secondary collision was the fatal one.

Yes...:

'Traffic officers began pursuing the Mercedes S320 being driven by Mr Campbell after it made off at speed from Manchester city centre.

Just a minute into the chase, Mr Campbell collided with a Mini at a set of traffic lights and then hit a barrier.

Two female passengers from the Mini were taken to hospital. A 19-year-old suffered fractured ribs while a 22-year-old suffered serious injuries including multiple broken bones.'

How tragic.... i thought looking at the picture........ then read he was making off from the police.

At that point i only feel sorry for his friends, family and the innocent people he hit.

Just a shame and so preventable.

I suppose Manchester Police will refer themselves to the IPCC.

It seems that these days there is always the question of whether police should give chase in urban areas.

In Islington, teenager Henry Hicks died while being chased by police just over a year ago. The case became high profile since his sister set up a memorial for him on the wall of a power station behind Pentoville Prison in Wheelwright Street.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/henry-hicks-death-cops-could-6686841

Let's not get away from the simple fact that he was requested to stop by Police, and didn't.

It was his actions alone that caused the accident. If he had been driving sensibly, the Police would have had no reason to try to pull him over. Thankfully, he collided with another car that brought him to a halt. Imagine the carnage if he had collided with a bus shelter full of people waiting for the next bus to arrive.

No, I won't shed a tear for someone who abuses speed in a built up area. Putting your foot down is for the open road.

I do wonder in cases like this what exactly goes through the minds of these individuals . Trying to outrun Police vehicles in an urban area I suspect is doomed to failure. Surely the best approach would have been to bail out and lose yourself in the warren of streets round Old Trafford unless of course the guy was on a suicide run.

"what exactly goes through the minds of these individuals"

Probably the lower edge of the sun visor, speedily followed by several chunks of windscreen

I think cars should be made of rubber, then when we collide, we can all spring back to our original shape. Mind you, maybe streetlights and barriers should also be made of rubber.

Then, when we going high speed travelling, we can all bounce around for a bit, like a load of ping pong balls, before continuing on our way.

(Also, a rubber car won't rust. It'll just sag in the heat).

I do wonder in cases like this what exactly goes through the minds of these individuals . Trying to outrun Police vehicles in an urban area I suspect is doomed to failure. Surely the best approach would have been to bail out and lose yourself in the warren of streets round Old Trafford unless of course the guy was on a suicide run.

Stabbing another teenager in a row over turf is not exactly the crime of the century and the perpetrator is bound to be caught and sentenced for many years in prison, yet (some) teenagers do this on the spur of the moment and without considering the consequences.

It is difficult to tell what goes through the minds of some people... but clearly making rational decision under stress is not everyone's Forte.

I think cars should be made of rubber, then when we collide, we can all spring back to our original shape. Mind you, maybe streetlights and barriers should also be made of rubber.

Then, when we going high speed travelling, we can all bounce around for a bit, like a load of ping pong balls, before continuing on our way.

(Also, a rubber car won't rust. It'll just sag in the heat).

For some reason your post reminded me if a long forgotten song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVW29r5lVSU

Stabbing another teenager in a row over turf is not exactly the crime of the century and the perpetrator is bound to be caught and sentenced for many years in prison, yet (some) teenagers do this on the spur of the moment and without considering the consequences.

It is difficult to tell what goes through the minds of some people... but clearly making rational decision under stress is not everyone's Forte.

Probably under the influence

Really....

He refused to stop for the police, put two innocent women in hospital, seriousiy injured, no thanks to him they weren't killed, he was obviously up to no good, in his vain attempt to get away at what must have been great speed, from the damage to his vehicle, he died in the wreck. Yes, he was the author of his own misfortune and got his just deserts. So yes, 'probably got what he deserved'. If you live by the sword----etc.

With regard to your last comment, I don't agree with you on that assessment either.

Last edited:
He refused to stop for the police, put two innocent women in hospital, seriousiy injured, no thanks to him they weren't killed, he was obviously up to no good, in his vain attempt to get away at what must have been great speed, from the damage to his vehicle, he died in the wreck. Yes, he was the author of his own misfortune and got his just deserts. So yes, 'probably got what he deserved'. If you live by the sword----etc.

With regard to your last comment, I don't agree with you on that assessment either.

Harsh reality but a stark reminder actions have consequences, something we as a society seem to have generally forgotten, along with personal responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom