Mercedes Marco Polo - V class based

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Any one seen one at a dealer anywhere?

It's MB's posh campervan, designed to compete with VW California.

IIRC it's been around since the W447 first came out but I don't think I've ever seen one in real life! The in-laws showed me brochures when they were looking at camper vans a couple of years ago. I think VW Californias are equally rare - nice, but a lot of money for a cramped camper.

What's the rush on one of these?

I've just bought one!

There was one at Mercedes world brooklands a couple of months ago when I visited , looked quite smart

IIRC it's been around since the W447 first came out but I don't think I've ever seen one in real life! The in-laws showed me brochures when they were looking at camper vans a couple of years ago. I think VW Californias are equally rare - nice, but a lot of money for a cramped camper.
You mean a crampervan?

It was still at Brooklands last Sunday.

As mentioned last year these are a bit of a niche market ... they are really pretty tight on space inside, and you can easily get something a bit bigger for similar money albeit not made by M-B.

Camper vans don't really work IMHO unless you get a big one. Spent many hours travelling in my parents' VW ones (Danbury) but always had to put a tent up when we arrived!

Last summer I was behind one on a train and it looked great. Proper Glampervan.

As mentioned last year these are a bit of a niche market ... they are really pretty tight on space inside, and you can easily get something a bit bigger for similar money albeit not made by M-B.

Camper vans don't really work IMHO unless you get a big one. Spent many hours travelling in my parents' VW ones (Danbury) but always had to put a tent up when we arrived!

It's horses for courses really. When the kinds were younger we had a 28ft 3-axle Burstner 747 which was great. However, once you're parked up that's it. Now that we're approaching retirement we want something that we can take into a town centre and park in a normal bay. Sure it has shortcomings but if you can live with those it is a fantastic bit of kit. Unfortunately the MB dealer network are next to useless so if you are interested you need to organise a demo with an owner via the owners forum or FB page.

Any one seen one at a dealer anywhere?

There is one at Brooklands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom